theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   29th May - am I mad? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1192330)

cd900 7 Apr 21 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkip (Post 14912259)
If they are, i'll already be there :-)

I really hope so! Booked my park passes and a few ADRs... and it brought me such joy 😄

BigSkip 7 Apr 21 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912275)
I really hope so! Booked my park passes and a few ADRs... and it brought me such joy 😄

We are planning a non Park shopping and food trip. Sun, pool time and relaxing :-)

That'll do us.

babbymint 7 Apr 21 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912165)
Soooo... I booked it last night.

Iíve taken on board the comments from both sides and my thoughts are:

- not really any risk until the balance is due. Iíll prob get the £150 back as a voucher (which we will definitely use at a later date)
- Once we have to pay the balance we will reassess the situation
- my travel insurance will cover us for covid medical expenses as long as we donít travel against FCO advice
- I still want a Disney holiday, even if itís not the 100% experience. I looked at prices for Barbados for the same dates and they were almost 30% more in price. Iíd rather have the pool/beach/parks in Disney for cheaper than just the pool/ beach in Barbados
- as soon as it becomes clear that travel will be possible, the price of my holiday will double.

I know weíve only got a small chance of getting there but Iím happy to live with the hope. We wonít tell DD until the day we leave so thereíll be no disappointment for her. Lifeís too short. Iím sick of waiting for better days to come. If they happen to arrive at the end of may then I want to be on that plane! Hoping for good news for all the other May/ June dibbers too!

Good stuff!
Who dares wins!

cd900 7 Apr 21 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkip (Post 14912281)
We are planning a non Park shopping and food trip. Sun, pool time and relaxing :-)

That'll do us.

Sounds just perfect!

Kat11 7 Apr 21 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912275)

Great! Iím excited for you. Please post a picture on here when(if) you get there.

Are you going to give yourself a countdown?

Kat

cd900 7 Apr 21 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat11 (Post 14912291)
Great! Iím excited for you. Please post a picture on here when(if) you get there.

Are you going to give yourself a countdown?

Kat

I will definitely post some pics to this thread if we make it. IF. And good news - they will be maskless pics 😄

I canít bring myself to do a countdown. Iíve promised myself I wonít get carried away. The park passes and ADRís were essential. I canít allow myself to get more invested than that 🙈

Kat11 7 Apr 21 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912296)
I will definitely post some pics to this thread if we make it. IF. And good news - they will be maskless pics 😄

I canít bring myself to do a countdown. Iíve promised myself I wonít get carried away. The park passes and ADRís were essential. I canít allow myself to get more invested than that 🙈

Haha I donít blame you. Our countdown is wizzing down now so yours would be super wizzing. 🤞🏼

Kat

sprocket 7 Apr 21 12:55 PM

Thats why I said 'For me'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkip (Post 14912108)
You don't know my plans, how can you say it's a 70% holiday?

ziggyzag 7 Apr 21 01:29 PM

I will wave to you as I pass by in MK :pgig::D

Friday'sChild 7 Apr 21 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyzag (Post 14912607)
I will wave to you as I pass by in MK :pgig::D

:wave: and us :D