theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Recommendations please for airport hotel at Manchester (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1126517)

sophiepop 30 Apr 19 01:02 PM

Recommendations please for airport hotel at Manchester

We haven't flown from Manchester for a few years now and I'm looking for new reviews on good places to stay.

The last couple of times we stayed at the Radisson but after checking the prices for next year I will be looking elsewhere, I think they've lost the plot :omg:

We are happy to travel a max of 30 minutes in the morning so will look at guest houses too.

Last year we flew from Birmingham and we found a great place, but you can't fly virgin from there :erm:

Thanks
Tracey :wave:

Nikkers 30 Apr 19 01:08 PM

I always ya the premier inns. In my opinion the better one is the one nearest the road ( not that white one) great pub nearby called the Romper for tea 👍🏼

mumsthebigkid 30 Apr 19 01:11 PM

We are staying at cresta court (best western) in Altrincham. It was a good price with parking included and on site! They also do a taxi to and from the airport (can remember if small fee for this?)

Reviews are ok on TripAdvisor. Close to Manchester if you want to pop in apparently.

Haven’t actually stayed there yet but happy to update when we stay in July before our flight ;-)

toonarmani 30 Apr 19 01:17 PM

Premier Inn at Handforth (about 3 miles from airport and free parking). Great pub attached (nice food and beer), only downside was room for quite hot and no air con.

Other than that was good for ~£55.

Kat11 30 Apr 19 01:18 PM

We’ve stayed at the Clayton which has a free shuttle but is still a little pricey but nice.

There are 3 premier inns very close to the airport. Runger Lane South, Runger Lane North and Heald Green. We will have stayed in all of them after our October trip. It’s about £10 each way to get to them in a taxi but we got our room for £30 so it’s worth that extra cost. Heald Green also can be got to by train from Man Airport (only 5 mins and 1 stop away)

There’s also a Hilton which is nice and a Crowne plaza.

Kat

Potterer 30 Apr 19 01:35 PM

Another vote for Premier Inn Runger Lane. Both the Runger Lane north and Runger Lane south share a car park, they are opposite each other.

South has 2 King sized beds and a shower room, North has the usual Premier Inn family room set up of 1 King and then 2 single beds.

Dh is a worrier, so he likes to stay close enough that should he need to he can walk :blush:

Food wise we take a room picnic! It is how we always start our holiday with an M&S sandwich.

markpwa8 30 Apr 19 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumsthebigkid (Post 13815525)
We are staying at cresta court (best western) in Altrincham. It was a good price with parking included and on site! They also do a taxi to and from the airport (can remember if small fee for this?)

Reviews are ok on TripAdvisor. Close to Manchester if you want to pop in apparently.

Haven’t actually stayed there yet but happy to update when we stay in July before our flight ;-)

Good to hear you are staying in Altrincham. Hotel is basic but good enough. It has a nice bar but please DO NOT eat in the restaurant. I am happy to offer recommendations in the Altrincham area. Just let me know.

Memories4You 30 Apr 19 07:49 PM

:)there is a great little hotel about two miles away called The Bulls Head in Hale Barns.Its attached to a lovely pub too. It might be cheaper because its not a huge chain! Worth a look

Thorpy 30 Apr 19 08:07 PM

We are firm believers in Premier inn as we get breakfast there. 2 Adults at a tenner each with kids eating free is significantly cheaper than 2 airside breakfasts !
This significantly offsets the cost of the room.

Tre85 30 Apr 19 08:09 PM

We always stay at the Crowne Plaza and book a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal with parking which always works out a good price for us. I think we paid £180 last time. You get £20 voucher per person for food and drink the night before.

Really comfortable and quiet hotel.