theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Too early to plan ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134265)

daisydoo 24 Jun 19 12:27 PM

Too early to plan ?

We are looking at going back but not until October 2021 which seems a lifetime away.

We know exactly when we want to go, where to stay, what parks we want to do, etc so all of that is sorted.

I feel I am sat here twiddling my thumbs because I want to plan but can't do anything yet other than keep saving as much as possible which is not as much fun as paying for flights, hotels, park tickets, etc.

Is there anything I can be doing at this very early stage?

Daisydoo
:flowerfac:flowerfac:flowerfac

landandword17 24 Jun 19 12:40 PM

Track flight prices if you’re doing DIY. I always like to have a tracker going on google flights to see when prices on a route rise and fall. It’s far from a perfect science but I’ve found it a very good guide
Also discover something new. Explore and find something totally new to do whether a day trip, off site restaurant, shop etc.

Jules32 24 Jun 19 03:17 PM

It is a little early but like previous poster says track your flights, we booked 16 months in advance and it has flown by it really has, I was like you itching to get planning, but all I could do was track the flights and watch loads of Disney vlogs :)

Some Banana 24 Jun 19 03:34 PM

We are in a similar situation. Would love to go back may 2021 and have done lots of research into where to stay what to do etc but for now it's just waiting and saving.

Jakey Neverland 24 Jun 19 03:36 PM

Never too early to plan, we go 2021 and I already have a new journal (had it since we booked Villa last year) and write down all sorts of stuff. I also write down prices of things we want do and see what each year it costs etc.

Food places I like the look of, generally all sorts of stuff. I add to it every now and again when I see a new idea.

Nicksgirl 24 Jun 19 03:42 PM

Plan away, it will be here in no time. x

Flower2603 24 Jun 19 04:10 PM

so much fun in the planning! :)

Margie62 24 Jun 19 06:39 PM

We haven't been to Florida for about 4 years now but plan on returning 2021 - we are all excited - hoping my grandchildren will be coming with us this time x
Can't wait to start planning again

Floridatilly 24 Jun 19 08:06 PM

Certainly not. We are actually going next year. But 2021 is a big year for us, our 20th wedding anniversary, my husbands 50th & my eldest daughters 18th. so I am wanting to do something a bit special so checking things out now (I like to budget well in advance lol)
I was dreaming of flying PE, even got myself a virgin credit card lol however, it seems that will be staying a dream because with 5 of us it’s just too expensive and we don’t spend much so we won’t earn enough air miles.
I am also looking into staying in a universal hotel for 7 nights. However I was shocked at the hotel costs for the premium hotels. Endless summer is reasonably priced but it has it’s downfalls (distance and no front line passes)
I am checking out Universal annual passes but it semis volcano bay is blocked out for our dates. This would have allowed us discount on the hotel. I was also hoping to use Tesco club points but it’s still over £2k
So as you can see, my planning is action for 2021 unfortunately it’s not going as planned. Lol

blackbird 24 Jun 19 09:06 PM

Don't forget it will be wdw's 50th