theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   The American Pye Coast to Coast Adventure – Aug 2015 - COMPLETE! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=920879)

SarahJayne 29 Nov 15 06:49 PM

The American Pye Coast to Coast Adventure – Aug 2015 - COMPLETE!

The American Pye Coast to Coast Adventure – Aug 2015

So it’s been 3 months since we returned from our amazing holiday and I’ve finally got around to writing up this absolute beast of a trip report!

Given that we visited both US coasts I wasn’t sure which forum would be best to post in so I’ve decided to put the index in both but all of the days on the West Coast forum. Make sense? Thought not!

I’ll put a link to the previous day and next day and the index on each one so hopefully nobody will get lost. This assuming anyone reads it at all!

You can read all about the plans etc in the pre-trippie so without further ado…

Pre Trippy

Day 0 – Pre Travel Day/Manchester Premier Inn

Day 1 – Travel Day/NYC/Times Square

Day 2 – Statue of Liberty/ One World Observatory

Day 3 – Empire State Building/ Downtown Bus Tour

Day 4 – Uptown Tour/Central Park/ Aladdin

Day 5 – Flight to California/ Downtown Disney

Day 6 – Disneyland Park

Day 7 – PCH Grill/ California Adventure

Day 8 – California Adventure/Disneyland/ Drive to San Diego

Day 9 – The Cottage/ La Jolla

Day 10 – Trolley Tour/ Old Town

Day 11 – San Diego Zoo/ Cheesecake Factory

Day 12 – Beach day @ La Jolla Shores

Day 13 – Seaworld / Cheesecake Factory

Day 14 – Legoland

Day 15 – LAX - JFK - MAN Home!

Highs, Lows and Future plans

SarahJayne 17 Dec 15 06:40 PM

Day 2 is up!

stupet11 31 Dec 15 02:38 PM

Thanks for this - great read - and useful as we are off to NYC in Easter for 3 days - just booked Dial 7 from JFK! Did you pay tip in cash or is it all on cr card?
I see you did the SOL - we just want to look, not climb it - do you still need tickets for that - to get off ferry and look around?
Looking forward to reading about ESB! Not sure if we will go up that as have booked One World….

SarahJayne 2 Feb 16 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupet11 (Post 11215248)
Thanks for this - great read - and useful as we are off to NYC in Easter for 3 days - just booked Dial 7 from JFK! Did you pay tip in cash or is it all on cr card?
I see you did the SOL - we just want to look, not climb it - do you still need tickets for that - to get off ferry and look around?
Looking forward to reading about ESB! Not sure if we will go up that as have booked One World….

Hi!

We paid all in cash for the Dial 7 cars.

You still have to book tickets to get to Liberty Island even if you don't want to climb it. But if you just want to take pics you can get the Staten Island ferry for free and just take pics from the boat :)

Day 3 is now up so you can read all about the ESB. To be honest One World is a million times better and if we went back we'd do it again in a heartbeat but wouldnt bother with ESB. If you're not fussed I'd give it a miss.

SarahJayne 2 Feb 16 05:51 PM

Day 3 is up!

SarahJayne 3 Feb 16 11:18 AM

And now day 4! I'm on a roll!

SarahJayne 3 Feb 16 02:29 PM

And Day 5 is on! Seriously plowing through them today!

SarahJayne 11 Feb 16 07:57 PM

Day 6 is up! It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy!

sandshal 12 Feb 16 09:54 PM

How have I missed this? Right that's my weekend sorted!

SarahJayne 12 Feb 16 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandshal (Post 11324839)
How have I missed this? Right that's my weekend sorted!

Haha!

Well only up to day 6 so it won't take all weekend but I hope you enjoy it 😀 working on day 7...