theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Three day explorer /staying on site (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056363)

TheDuke 25 Nov 17 08:04 AM

Three day explorer /staying on site

Hi,
I have just purchased the universal 3 day explorer ticket for our trip next August.

We will be staying on site at Portofino bay for eight days before moving to Disney for 2 weeks.

With this ticket will I be able to get fast passes for the days that I stay at the universal hotel.

I think I do, but just wanted to check that this is the case with these tickets.

Thanks!

lyn1 25 Nov 17 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuke (Post 12957239)
Hi,
I have just purchased the universal 3 day explorer ticket for our trip next August.

We will be staying on site at Portofino bay for eight days before moving to Disney for 2 weeks.

With this ticket will I be able to get fast passes for the days that I stay at the universal hotel.

I think I do, but just wanted to check that this is the case with these tickets.

Thanks!

The Universal 3 Park Explorer ticket gives you 14 days unlimited admission into the 3 Universal parks. Because you're staying at the Portofino Bay hotel you get the free Universal Express Unlimited™ pass for the length of stay, so you will be ok. I don't think you can use this at Volcano Bay though, but maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.

TheDuke 26 Nov 17 08:56 AM

Thanks lyn1. That’s put my mind at ease. Just need to work out how many days to set aside for planning for going to universal, IOA and volcano bay.

With a 2yo, 7 yo and 9yo, not sure how many rides will be available for their age/height.

The idea of staying on site for 8 days and getting the 14 day ticket was to ensure we can do it a leisurely pace.

Will prob use some of the time shopping, around the pool, visit to sea world etc

With the fast passes includes, can anyone advise how much time I should set aside for universal parks based on my children’s age group?

My wife and I have been to Florida before, but it’s our first family visit, so plan to stay on site (at universal and Disney) and not drive.

Many thanks in advance for any tips that can be fed into my planning.

lyn1 26 Nov 17 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuke (Post 12958289)
Thanks lyn1. That’s put my mind at ease. Just need to work out how many days to set aside for planning for going to universal, IOA and volcano bay.

With a 2yo, 7 yo and 9yo, not sure how many rides will be available for their age/height.

The idea of staying on site for 8 days and getting the 14 day ticket was to ensure we can do it a leisurely pace.

Will prob use some of the time shopping, around the pool, visit to sea world etc

With the fast passes includes, can anyone advise how much time I should set aside for universal parks based on my children’s age group?

My wife and I have been to Florida before, but it’s our first family visit, so plan to stay on site (at universal and Disney) and not drive.

Many thanks in advance for any tips that can be fed into my planning.

Sorry can't help with this as I have only ever been in September, and from what I have read it's quieter then than in August. I'm sure there are members who can help you though. Have you tried asking on the trip planning forum?

TheDuke 26 Nov 17 11:12 PM

Thanks will give the planning forum a go.

lyn1 26 Nov 17 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuke (Post 12959258)
Thanks will give the planning forum a go.

You're welcome, good luck :)