theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Refit take two…..this time the kitchen (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1205264)

Megandllsmum 4 Oct 21 07:16 PM

Refit take two…..this time the kitchen

I love seeing refit and build threads on here, I did one around this time last year when we had our bathroom done so I’m gonna do the same again but with the kitchen.
I don’t have a photo how it looked before with everything in its place but it didn’t look as sorry as it will in the next few pics lol ( the dogs Rodger….he doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going today with all the moving about so he’s been my shadow ), it’s taken us 10 years to get round to doing the kitchen its served us well it looked tired and dated when we moved in but once we put our stamp on it it looked a lot better

But there is light at the end of the tunnel hopefully in about 4 weeks or so it will look more like this

It’s going to be ripped out completely new ceiling and spots new window and the horrible internal window which was the old kitchen window originally is finally coming out and will be filled in and then that gives us another wall for units previously it was a bit of a dead space apart from a fridge freezer so the extra cupboards and worktop will be brilliant.The old chest freezer in first images is just there cos workmen are getting rid of that tomorrow. Kitchen units are from howdens and grey dark wood worktops , they look lovely in real life lol. We are having a built in cooker but freestanding fridge freezer and washer dryer.
I’ll try and remember to post regularly

Ps just looking at images everything looks filthy, to be fair gonna look a whole lot dirtier tomorrow lol but think it must be the light cos going dark …honest :pgig::pgig:

Jan 4 Oct 21 07:26 PM

Nice. Very nice. Good luck, I hope everything goes OK.

Megandllsmum 4 Oct 21 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 15162261)
Nice. Very nice. Good luck, I hope everything goes OK.

Thank you and so do I , I’ve got everything crossed lol

ClaireNJ 4 Oct 21 07:35 PM

It’s going to look fantastic
Love your new design
Exciting times, it’ll be worth all the mess 😳😬
Good luck :wavey:

mitch84 4 Oct 21 07:38 PM

Exciting! Going to look fab

Megandllsmum 4 Oct 21 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ (Post 15162279)
It’s going to look fantastic
Love your new design
Exciting times, it’ll be worth all the mess 😳😬
Good luck :wavey:

I keep telling myself that Claire about 30 times a day lol and thanks x

Megandllsmum 4 Oct 21 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 15162287)
Exciting! Going to look fab

Thankyou 😃

2point 5 Oct 21 09:49 AM

That's going to look really nice.

Megandllsmum 5 Oct 21 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 15162908)
That's going to look really nice.

I hope so ……hard to imagine at minute though it’s a full on bomb site , but they are cracking on , units out , tiles now being taken off walls , ceiling needs to come down I think today too…… we used this company for new roof on kitchen and new bathroom they are good, they even offered to get us bacon sarnies and coffee this morning on their cafe run :):)

Dazed 5 Oct 21 11:13 AM

I love these threads! I’ll be watching with interest 😊