theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BA flight but showing air lingus? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1116106)

jorm35 10 Feb 19 11:26 PM

BA flight but showing air lingus?

We have our up coming flight Edinburgh to Dublin to MCO booked with BA and although the flight number is BA6121, it is showing as an air lingus flight on the app. Can someone please clarify where I need to look to get info on meals and in flight entertainment- the BA site or the air lingus site ?

pad406 10 Feb 19 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorm35 (Post 13684874)
We have our up coming flight Edinburgh to Dublin to MCO booked with BA and although the flight number is BA6121, it is showing as an air lingus flight on the app. Can someone please clarify where I need to look to get info on meals and in flight entertainment- the BA site or the air lingus site ?

Aer Lingus are the only airline that fly direct to Orlando from Dublin. As both BA and Al are owned by the same group, it's almost certainly a codeshare, so will be an Aer Lingus flight, therefore their site

baboons 10 Feb 19 11:44 PM

You're flying with Aer Lingus, flight EI121.

jorm35 11 Feb 19 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboons (Post 13684900)
You're flying with Aer Lingus, flight EI121.

Thank you, I’ve located the page. I’m assuming there’s no extra upgrade costs for the films?

Ciano 11 Feb 19 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorm35 (Post 13685925)
Thank you, I’ve located the page. I’m assuming there’s no extra upgrade costs for the films?

No no upgrade costs but you can upgrade your meal if you wish. You will find details on the Aer Lingus website.

Hibby70 11 Feb 19 08:40 PM

Aer Lingus also do free seat reservations in advance, but I had to call Aer Lingus even although I had booked through BA.

Hootietootie 11 Feb 19 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibby70 (Post 13686052)
Aer Lingus also do free seat reservations in advance, but I had to call Aer Lingus even although I had booked through BA.

It's only a very small number of seats you are allowed book for free now. I got caught out with it when I paid off flights a few weeks ago. They have different tiers of "standard" seats and you only get free standard if you have booked a "smart" flight. We did, went to pick seats and had the choice of 6 seats randomly spread in the back of the plane. Not like any other time we have booked, where you had most of the plane bar the extra leg room and the first few row

ETA they have standard, standard plus, priority, front and extra leg room now(as well as business) :erm::erm:

Hibby70 11 Feb 19 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootietootie (Post 13686092)
It's only a very small number of seats you are allowed book for free now. I got caught out with it when I paid off flights a few weeks ago. They have different tiers of "standard" seats and you only get free standard if you have booked a "smart" flight. We did, went to pick seats and had the choice of 6 seats randomly spread in the back of the plane. Not like any other time we have booked, where you had most of the plane bar the extra leg room and the first few row

ETA they have standard, standard plus, priority, front and extra leg room now(as well as business) :erm::erm:

Wasn't aware of that. We go in April and when I called they asked what I wanted - 2 rows of 2 at window - and they gave me some options. (I was armed with Seatguru on my screen at the time)

So at least it was better than worrying about getting seats together at the 24 hour check-in like other airlines.

Hootietootie 11 Feb 19 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibby70 (Post 13686205)
Wasn't aware of that. We go in April and when I called they asked what I wanted - 2 rows of 2 at window - and they gave me some options. (I was armed with Seatguru on my screen at the time)

So at least it was better than worrying about getting seats together at the 24 hour check-in like other airlines.

Our flight is one of the first after the secondary school holidays start so I assume it’s a busy time just. We have 3 booked, I asked for two together, even just same row-but there were none left. There are 6 random seats. They’ve advised that I wait and check in at airport and hopefully will get 2 of them. Flying with a 14 year old who claims she’ll be fine but I don’t think I would be.