theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Is there a nighttime parade at MK? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1055472)

Bluegirl5353 15 Nov 17 12:11 PM

Is there a nighttime parade at MK?

Hi Dibbers, please could someone confirm, is there a nighttime parade at MK along with the fireworks show?

Thanks x

Mexy02 15 Nov 17 12:28 PM

Only on mvmcp and mnsshp . You can see why there is no parade when you actually go as the crowds for the HEA fireworks are unbelievable . They wouldn’t be able to clear the streets in time for both hence the reason for no night time parade at present .

Bluegirl5353 15 Nov 17 01:27 PM

Hi. What is mvmcp & mnsshp?

lovewdw 15 Nov 17 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluegirl5353 (Post 12945173)
Hi. What is mvmcp & mnsshp?

MVMCP - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
MNSSHP - Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/For...ns-p-1331.html

:grin:

macadoo 15 Nov 17 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 12945126)
Only on mvmcp and mnsshp . You can see why there is no parade when you actually go as the crowds for the HEA fireworks are unbelievable . They wouldn’t be able to clear the streets in time for both hence the reason for no night time parade at present .

Is that really the reason? I don't remember ever viewing wishes with less crowds than they have now for HEA and they managed to fit 2 parades in on some evenings.

The nighttime parade is a huge loss to MK.

Mexy02 15 Nov 17 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macadoo (Post 12945226)
Is that really the reason? I don't remember ever viewing wishes with less crowds than they have now for HEA and they managed to fit 2 parades in on some evenings.

The nighttime parade is a huge loss to MK.

Judging by crowds levels over the last two weeks I would suspect the cms are telling the truth ( that’s what the6 explained to us and why the parade in the afternoon was moved to earlier ) People start to wait at ridiculous times before the fireworks so I can see logistically yes it would be a nightmare to organise. We didn’t have 1 night without huge crowds . They have to restrict walkways now for the fireworks so probably even more so If a parade as well.

Conno 15 Nov 17 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 12945126)
They wouldn’t be able to clear the streets in time for both hence the reason for no night time parade at present .

When did Disney say that was the reason for no parade at the moment? They used to run night time parades with Wishes; and the previous night time parade (ended 2016) stopped long before HEA (May 2017). How are they related?

neilhd 15 Nov 17 04:48 PM

There's really no night time parade now?

That sucks... we always used to spend our final evening going to watch Wishes, then staying for the late parade, then heading home.

Mexy02 15 Nov 17 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conno (Post 12945304)
When did Disney say that was the reason for no parade at the moment? They used to run night time parades with Wishes; and the previous night time parade (ended 2016) stopped long before HEA (May 2017). How are they related?

While we were there last week , we asked and that was the answer . His true I don’t know but beng there i can see why. It was manic most nights. Wishes ran fir 14 years so not e drone stopped to see it , hea is only 6 months old so people flocking to see it and more than once .

Wigan Lass 15 Nov 17 05:02 PM

The last nighttime parade finished well before HEA started. Ive never heard HEA given as a reason for the lack of a nighttime parade at the present time. I think MK is sadly lacking a night time parade..and if anything a new parade would help dissipate crowds as many preople would leave after the parade before the fireworks...and people also stayed in the same spot if they were staying on, so crowds were more evenly distributed throughout the park. HEA was one of the things I was most looking forward to seeing this trip and I was a bit disappointed tbh. There’s too much going on...you either have to concentrate on the projections or the fireworks..it’s difficult to appreciate both. I wish one followed the other really