theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Universal Club (HRH - noisey?) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179153)

Dendycat 26 Aug 20 11:25 AM

Universal Club (HRH - noisey?)

We usually book RPR club but looking at my dates for next year, it appears that one night isn’t available in the middle of our stay.
I won’t be booking until FCO is lifted but at the moment my options are:
RPR Standard room (missing the club element)
HRH Club (hubby has reservations about the noise in the hotel)
PBH Club (concerns about whether it is kid friendly and Maybe too far out as we prefer to not rely on the boats).

I would like to try HRH but my husband wears hearing aids and is irritated by loud background noise. Is this an issue at HRH?

We will be staying for a week and have two boys aged 11 & 7. PBH club for the week is about £120 more than HRH.

JanetteP 26 Aug 20 11:36 AM

I didn't notice HRH club room to be noisy. I did find that it was bigger and therefore easier to get a table over RPR. My DH wears a hearing aid and he never complained about noise levels.

I'll be interested to read other responses about Portofino Bay as we are also looking to try there next year, and my DG's are similar ages.

Dendycat 26 Aug 20 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetteP (Post 14625886)
I didn't notice HRH club room to be noisy. I did find that it was bigger and therefore easier to get a table over RPR. My DH wears a hearing aid and he never complained about noise levels.

I'll be interested to read other responses about Portofino Bay as we are also looking to try there next year, and my DG's are similar ages.

Ah thats interesting. I thought that the club room in hrh was smaller so good to hear otherwise. Did he have any issues with the noise around the pool or the lobby? Just if he moans for the full week then it will ruin the holiday for all of us 🙄

Orlandoguy 26 Aug 20 05:26 PM

I found the hard rock to be very noisy compared to royal Pacific and portofino,they play music til late in the pool and there was lots of families screaming and shouting til late into the night, I personally wouldn’t stay there again, however am a big fan of the restaurant “the kitchen” at the hotel it’s very good

JanetteP 26 Aug 20 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dendycat (Post 14625894)
Ah thats interesting. I thought that the club room in hrh was smaller so good to hear otherwise. Did he have any issues with the noise around the pool or the lobby? Just if he moans for the full week then it will ruin the holiday for all of us 🙄

I think I've got that the wrong way round, in that RPR lounge is bigger than HRH! :confused2

He never noticed that the noise levels were really very loud in either to be fair.

I like the wow factor of HRH but really want to try Portofino as there's hot items for breakfast, which will make a change.

joanna23 26 Aug 20 06:33 PM

We’ve done Club at RPR and Portofino. I was the proud owner of the long thread of RPR food photos if you’ve ever seen it!
We were huge RPR fans but had an equally good if not better experience in Portofino with kids. The lunch options and snacks were much better we found. Club lounge was much busier in PFB and further from rooms. The rooms are huge and pool facilities are much better than RPR. We should have been checking out of their tonight after a 7 night stay 😢

WhereIBelong 26 Aug 20 07:38 PM

We have done hrh and rpr. Hrh was noisier , especially in a pool view room late in the evening. General noise around the hotel or in the rooms was not noticeably different. We preferred the pool at rpr.

Jimsdadhalifax 27 Aug 20 06:12 AM

We have only done Club at Portofino but it was excellent. My kids loved it. The breakfast was superb - great selection and tasty. The evening offerings were more than sufficient for a meal and were good as well. The main room is big and there is a side room with seating for when it gets busy. We were there in August and it never got too busy.

The Club rooms are spread out rather than being on one floor - we asked for one near the Club room and were literally a 2 minute walk from it.

Wonderful hotel as well. We adore RPR but PBH is better in every way. The walk back from the parks isn't that far but it can seem it under the hot sun after a day walking round. We did it a few times when the boats were really busy but the boat was a better option.

The theming is great - the icing on the cake is the opera singers. Great entertainment.

Uptonspark 27 Aug 20 09:11 AM

I think it's the constant background music in HRH that you may be worried about? As I've found the normal "people noise" is no worse there than most other hotels. They do though have pop/rock music playing constantly in the background, which personally I love. It's not too loud but loud enough that you find yourself singing along sometimes. I have no experience of what that would mean for a hearing aid user though. Sorry if this makes little sense but hope it helps.

Dendycat 27 Aug 20 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptonspark (Post 14626862)
I think it's the constant background music in HRH that you may be worried about? As I've found the normal "people noise" is no worse there than most other hotels. They do though have pop/rock music playing constantly in the background, which personally I love. It's not too loud but loud enough that you find yourself singing along sometimes. I have no experience of what that would mean for a hearing aid user though. Sorry if this makes little sense but hope it helps.

Yes it is the background noise as he has problems filtering sounds. Thanks everybody for your replies. I’m thinking PBH might be the best bet even if a bit more expensive. Good to try new things! X