theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   General spending budget- what do you spend (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127936)

Mymemories 9 May 19 03:44 PM

Sorry I didn’t explain in the post we usually have the deluxe plan so we do tend to eat mainly 2 credit evening meals so it soon add up.

hallamdisneyfan 9 May 19 03:47 PM

We're not having a separate budget for souvenirs/incidentals, just lumping those and dining all together. We plan to take around £5000 for our 18 day trip ($6500). It seems a lot but it is only $90 per person per day and we plan big breakfasts and table service evening meals, tipping included, so I guess souvenir buying will be pretty limited.

guinness_79 9 May 19 04:48 PM

4 of us, (2 ad and 2 boys) off site - are what we wanted inc character meals ( x2), some gift shopping and plenty of cocktails ... spent £2800

Shooby doo 9 May 19 04:56 PM

How long is a piece of string ? We have always maintained that if you take it you will spend it! With the poor $/£ rate it is easier to "avoid" spending as the bargains aren't there, in fact last year we actually found stuff that was cheaper back here! As far as souvenirs, again I think it's easier to say No, most of the Disney stuff now, is very generic.
Your budget would really depend on whether you intend going to any of the Malls/outlets?
SD:d:

princess-momo 9 May 19 05:17 PM

we're not big spenders so last time we went i think we had around $600 (the kids had their own $100 each) and we came back with money. We used our $200 gift card for paying our tips (we were on the DDP) we also got an extra $100 for going and seeing about DVC.

this year we plan on using the gift card in the same way (for Tips) and the kids have saved up their pennies and will no doubt get some spends from the grandparents again. the adults on the other hand ; we'll take around £400 to spend on things... but since we're not big spenders we've decided to upgrade our magicbands this year too :) (and do the MNSSHP)

Rachv38 9 May 19 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 13833751)
I went for 21 nights and spent about $700...There were 5 of us and on the QSDP.
Brought some bits back but not loads. Any spare credits purchased gifts for people. £ of them also went to the void as well.

That's really good. Read your food report and found it very helpful. We are are family of 4 going in Aug and have the free qsdp. We've got $1050 and kids have their own money. We are also going for 21 nights. Going to get a Halifax clarity card too for any other purchases. Will pay off when we get home. Hoping we won't need it. Will do same and use any left over credits for gifts etc.

Tracey2019 9 May 19 07:36 PM

Im hoping to budget around £1500ish spends for me and my 4yr old as im not a big shopper but want some money if we see something we like or if son wants some souvenirs. We also have $300 disney dollars which will help too. We have ddp which will cover food spends and im budgeting for tips

jojo82 9 May 19 07:37 PM

I usually take around $4000 for 4 for 2 weeks offsite in a villa. Never spend it all though.
This year it’s just myself and 2 kids staying in Disney with the ddp for 11 nights and then onto the hard rock for 5 nights. I’m taking $2200 the kids have $500 between them and I’ll have the $200 gift card for tips. I think this will be more than enough. Will have a credit card with me if needed. :grin: