theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Help me choose one more table service (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152532)

Pascaltimon 12 Nov 19 10:17 PM

Help me choose one more table service

So we will have 12 table service credits pp for our trip in may we are me , dh and 2 dd's 9 & 6

So far i have shortlisted the following:
1900 park fare a breakfast and a dinner
bon voyage breakfast
Tuskers house dinner
Mama Melrose fantasmic package
T-Rex
Akershus dinner
sci fi dine in
cinderellas royal table.
Artist point

Just wondered if anyone can recommend one more for us to try we are first timers :-)

dietcokebreak 12 Nov 19 10:24 PM

I’d choose Teppen Edo or 50’s Prime Time diner?

Mexy02 12 Nov 19 10:24 PM

Tony’s parade package .

AliceCooper9 12 Nov 19 10:43 PM

Crystal Palace/Coral Reef/Tiffins 2TS/ BOG dinner 2TS

scoobydooby 12 Nov 19 10:46 PM

For Characters I’d go Crystal Palace with younger children. Has been my DDs must do since she was 5. She’s 18 next month! Your list looks like mine did for years when the kids were kids. The only one on there I’d avoid is T Rex. The food is not good. Excellent theme though. If the kids like pizza then I’d suggest Via Napoli. If they love thick milkshakes 50’s Prime Time. Or if you’re going in 2020 I’d suggest the yet to open Space restaurant in Epcot. They just lost their chef though so a delayed opening is now a real possibility. If you fancy a bit of a different buffet but with something for everyone as well go to Boma and give yourselves time to explore AKL. Go and view the animals. Do some Cast Member led activities (they have a timetable) and have a sit by the fire pit. Finally. If you want a big laugh go to Whispering Canyon Cafe and get the kids to ask for ketchup.

Hel22 12 Nov 19 10:51 PM

Hi You have some great choices there, my nine year old loved Coral Reef at Epcot and Garden Grill Epcot- breakfast or dinner, she liked the characters coming to the table twice! Enjoy

Pascaltimon 12 Nov 19 10:56 PM

thank you everyone so far my list is basically what i think the kids will enjoy. they are princess mad so we have gone a bit princess heavy :-) I quite like buffets as i think with younger kids there is a better chance of finding something they like.

scoobydooby 12 Nov 19 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascaltimon (Post 14170239)
thank you everyone so far my list is basically what i think the kids will enjoy. they are princess mad so we have gone a bit princess heavy :-) I quite like buffets as i think with younger kids there is a better chance of finding something they like.

I forgot. An honourable mention would be breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Best Minnie Mouse character interaction on site. Book the last siting and treat it as an early lunch. Works well for an Epcot EMH. Do Future World. Over to Cape May. Rest it off at the Boardwalk and then back for an afternoon in World Showcase. A much less frenetic character experience than most.

LottiesLot 13 Nov 19 09:18 PM

My girls were 6, 8 and 10 when we were last there. We have enjoyed all the meals on your list (except Artist's Point, haven't been there) . A must do for us is breakfast at Crystal Palace on the first morning. We also enjoyed the Snow White Storybook dining dinner at Wilderness Lodge and Coral Reef was a delicious, cool and relaxing lunch on a hot day in Epcot.
Actually thinking about it we didn't enjoy T Rex, it was crowded, we didn't get a great table and the food was only so-so.

Guest 14 Nov 19 08:40 AM

I like your list, I think five character meals is enough and I wouldn’t add another one at this point.

On my first ever trip, Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom was my must do. It gets mixed reviews and I am not saying it is my favourite, but the food was nice enough and we did enjoy the atmosphere and theming.

Note that Artists Point is now Storybook Dining.