theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Free Dining - Adding AP Holder to Room? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152614)

jemrock 13 Nov 19 08:48 PM

Free Dining - Adding AP Holder to Room?

Hello all,

Hoping the Dibb wisdom can steer me in the right path with a couple of questions..we haven't bought annual passes before but with our honeymoon, the 50th anniversary and my 30th all looming within the next few years it might be time to give it a whirl!

So, question one: if I book myself a room when the free dining promotion is next on and meet the qualifications (buy the 14 day ticket from Disney direct etc) so that I have free dining what would happen if I then added my partner (who held an annual pass) to the booking?

Would this

- not be possible without him buying an additional ticket?
-be possible but we would only have one set of free dining credits between us?
-be something else I haven't thought of?

Question two: if we book the room in the usual way and both get free dining but then upgraded to an annual passes during our trip would we lose the dining for the remainder of our stay? I've read you lose fastpasses if you have more than 7 days worth booked so just wondering if it's similar with the dining?

Thank you for any help!

suehen 13 Nov 19 09:05 PM

Last year we booked with Disney free DDP on the 2nd day we both upgraded our tickets to annual pass, we kept all our fast passes and free dining, we known that we were going back in the November and also in May so got 3 trips from the annual pass so we did get our moneys worth from the annual pass.

ely3857 13 Nov 19 09:08 PM

We just watched a vlog and they booked free dining with two week tickets. They upgraded the tickets on day one as the cost of remaining days is discounted from your AP. At least that’s what Wardie’s World said. This didn’t effect their dining or FP’s or ADR’s for the trip they were on at all.

Custancia 13 Nov 19 10:15 PM

We had free dining this summer, and upgraded to AP whilst there. Fastpasses and dining credits were unaffected.

jemrock 13 Nov 19 10:21 PM

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?

ELLENUT 13 Nov 19 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemrock (Post 14171402)
Thank you all for sharing your experiences with upgrading whilst already there and keeping free dining! Really appreciate all the help.

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question? About what happens if you try to add someone with an annual pass to a room booked with free dining?

They wouldn't get the free dining in this case.

Guest 14 Nov 19 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemrock (Post 14171402)

I don’t know how you could have one person in the room that has a room / ticket package and the other that is just on the room. As far as I can tell, all occupants of the room need to be on the same deal. Certainly there is no way to book like this online, maybe you should call them to make sure.

Regarding your earlier comment about seven days of in 30 days, this applies to offsite AP holders only. An onsite AP holder can book FP for the duration of these online stay.

Jaspercat10 14 Nov 19 09:24 AM

I would give them a call, but I think Claudette is right, everyone in the same room has to be under the same package, as Disney allocate a certain number of rooms to the different promotions. x

Juliemack 14 Nov 19 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ely3857 (Post 14171294)
We just watched a vlog and they booked free dining with two week tickets. They upgraded the tickets on day one as the cost of remaining days is discounted from your AP. At least that’s what Wardie’s World said. This didn’t effect their dining or FP’s or ADR’s for the trip they were on at all.

Just to pick up on this... it would make no difference to how many days remained on the ticket. The price would be based on the original cost of the 14 day ticket. Not specifically what you paid but what they decide you would have paid, which is why it seems to vary place to place... it seems there is no exact science as to how they work it out.

bighal 14 Nov 19 09:54 AM

Claudette is correct, you will have to add the same ticket type to the other room guests. No way around it unless you just don't tell them, something I advise against doing, which could mean both of you get asked to leave when they find out.