theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   DC tickets, free parking and weather cancellation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134047)

hyte1 22 Jun 19 07:59 PM

DC tickets, free parking and weather cancellation

Hi,

I’ve got two questions about The Discovery cove ultimate tickets.

1. Silly one, but Do all those in a party need tickets which includes the free parking, or can I buy two which has parking, and two without to get the free parking?

2. I’ve read that in the event DC is closed due to weather it’s easier to change the date if buying tickets direct with DC. What is the added complication when booking through a third party?

Thank you in advance!

TeeKayDawn 22 Jun 19 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyte1 (Post 13916233)
Hi,

I’ve got two questions about The Discovery cove ultimate tickets.

1. Silly one, but Do all those in a party need tickets which includes the free parking, or can I buy two which has parking, and two without to get the free parking?

2. I’ve read that in the event DC is closed due to weather it’s easier to change the date if buying tickets direct with DC. What is the added complication when booking through a third party?

Thank you in advance!

We brought tickets from a third party and were there during hurricane Matthew.
There was no problem with changing the dates due to poor weather (we went the day before the hurricane struck so it was quite rainy), in fact they were shocked we didn’t take their offer.

I can’t really answer the parking as we ubered but the parking costs are free and included in the ticket, I’ve taken a look and although I might be missing something I can’t see an option for without parking.
I’m guessing this is because the price won’t alter?
I’m guessing you’d be able to park as many or as few cars as you have tickets.

Guest 24 Jun 19 09:45 AM

you only need 1 ultimate ticket to get free parking as long as u are only taking 1 car!

mossyflossy 25 Jun 19 10:48 AM

To answer your questions:

1.You only need one ticket with parking for parking one car.

2. I'd always recommend that you book direct. It's much easier to agree a date change in advance by dealing direct, and in our experience Discovery Cove will prioritise the direct bookings when the weather affects your visit when you are already there. On the day when we were there it closed at around 2pm because of thunderstorms in the area, with no prospect of reopening. There were separate lines for direct bookings. We were prioritsied for a rescheduled dolphin swim on another day or we were offered a full refund for our day even when we had already been there for six hours enjoying the facilities etc: really excellent customer service IMO.

hyte1 25 Jun 19 10:24 PM

Thanks for the replies all, very helpful. 😁

Disney_time 25 Jun 19 11:09 PM

I don't know if it is still the same nowadays but in 2004 we needed to change our day and phoned up and were told on each booking you are allowed one free date change for any reason (not just weather). We had booked direct.

chmurf 26 Jun 19 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney_time (Post 13921915)
I don't know if it is still the same nowadays but in 2004 we needed to change our day and phoned up and were told on each booking you are allowed one free date change for any reason (not just weather). We had booked direct.

it's still the current policy

macadoo 1 Jul 19 08:59 PM

Do you just show them your ticket to park for free? All we have is the discovery cove e-ticket.

Floridalovermcg 2 Jul 19 09:33 PM

There are no kiosks when entering the park like you get at all the other parks. You can head up to the main door to drop everyone off that's in your party then go and park the car or head straight to park the car. We've never had far to walk any of the times that we have been.

Enjoy,

Alana

7SeasSailor 3 Jul 19 07:10 AM

Just be sure to book DC early in your holiday so that you have got a fall back day available later on.