theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Car hire with alamo (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=939949)

donna252 18 Mar 16 02:19 PM

Car hire with alamo

We've hired a car through Alamo as part of a fly drive package. We here now at SSR and wanting to upgrade to something bigger anyone any experience of upgrading mid hire period?do we have to drive back to the airport of can we go anywhere closer?

Thanks donna

SunbreezeFL 18 Mar 16 02:23 PM

Never upgraded mid hire but you could drop in at the Disney car care centre and ask?

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Mar 16 02:30 PM

As above. Expect to get fleeced though!
Upgrades are expensive!

Johnbelgar337 18 Mar 16 02:38 PM

I had to return a car last year due to it being faulty,I took it to Dollar on the 192 but they advised me I had to take it back to where I picked it up which was at the airport

99plums 18 Mar 16 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna252 (Post 11419531)
We've hired a car through Alamo as part of a fly drive package. We here now at SSR and wanting to upgrade to something bigger anyone any experience of upgrading mid hire period?do we have to drive back to the airport of can we go anywhere closer?

Thanks donna

I'm sure they'll upgrade you at the Disney CCC, it's close to the entrance to MK.

SunbreezeFL 18 Mar 16 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnbelgar337 (Post 11419595)
I had to return a car last year due to it being faulty,I took it to Dollar on the 192 but they advised me I had to take it back to where I picked it up which was at the airport

I hope you weren't too far away at the time then - that's really poor :omg:

OP I think its worth calling in at the car care centre just to get a price but as Mr Tom Morrow says it probably won't be cheap.

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Mar 16 02:52 PM

Quote:

Mmm. Probably why Dollar has such a small following on here!
I know you probably got a better service at the Airport but I wouldn't have taken the car there and eaten into my valuable time.

Greyfriars 18 Mar 16 03:01 PM

Quote:

I picked up a car from McCoy and took it back to the Disney car care centre to change with no issues!

If the car was faulty I would have refused to drive it and ask them to bring me a new one. Over the years I have done this twice, once with Dollar and once with Budget.
Upgraded with a full tank of fuel both times. :-)

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Mar 16 03:06 PM

OP. Before you walk into the CCC I would have a look at the cost of hiring the car you currently have for the period left of your vacation. Then look at the class of what you would like to ascertain the difference in cost.
That way you are armed with an indicative cost so you don't get ripped off.

donna252 19 Mar 16 04:26 AM

Thanks everyone gonna go to the car care center tomorrow and see what they say :-)