theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Guest Services (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   USA travel information one place thread ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1173639)

OutbackAddict 9 Jun 20 04:45 PM

USA travel information one place thread ?

We are booked and hoping to travel to LA in October and currently a little confused by which travel restrictions currently apply and I don't think i'm the only one.

There's the UK 14 day quarantine, the currently only 13 USA airports accepting international flights apparently, ESTA program suspended, Some airlines announced when schedules will start and some not, and i'm not sure what the current restrictions are for entering the USA.

There is also the danger of repeating all this info depending on whether you are in the Disneyland or the Disneyworld planning forums.

I think it would be helpful (definately for me anyway) if there was one thread where anyone hoping to travel to the USA this year could access all relevant travel information.

So if anyone has any up to date and accurate information, would be great to see it here and if there's a better place for this thread please move

disney332 9 Jun 20 05:20 PM

As its 2 countries i suggest...

FCO (UK) & DHS (USA)

Disney332

OutbackAddict 13 Jun 20 01:50 PM

I saw on another thread Trump is due to look at international travel restrictions on the 16th June, anyone got any other news to add ?

Guest 13 Jun 20 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict (Post 14523452)
I saw on another thread Trump is due to look at international travel restrictions on the 16th June, anyone got any other news to add ?

Haven't heard anything about that. It was just announced that the border lockdown with Canada has been extended another month to at least 21 July.
Basically, the US borders are closed to non-essential visitors, with a very few exceptions. A handful of airports are accepting those few people. Trump controls the borders via the Dept of Homeland Security. Strong input is given from the Centers for Disease Control.
If and when the borders are open to visitors, it will likely be determined at that time whether there will be a quarantine.
As posted above, the Dept of Homeland Security website will probably have the most updated travel information of anyone, as far as the USA.
Some of us here have fun guessing about the probable easing of border restrictions.

Nimbus 16 Jun 20 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict (Post 14515653)
We are booked and hoping to travel to LA in October and currently a little confused by which travel restrictions currently apply and I don't think i'm the only one.

In summary, currently you can't fly to the USA; UK and European visitors are banned. FCO advise that you should not travel abroad unless essential. Those arriving into the UK should isolate for 14 days.

No one knows for certain when the above will change in the future.

How's that?

Bad Pink Tink 16 Jun 20 05:52 PM

Also it would be useful for people to specify which country either UK or Ireland, they are posting about. They are 2 separate countries and what applies to one may not apply to the other.

OutbackAddict 16 Jun 20 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 14529609)
In summary, currently you can't fly to the USA; UK and European visitors are banned. FCO advise that you should not travel abroad unless essential. Those arriving into the UK should isolate for 14 days.

No one knows for certain when the above will change in the future.

How's that?

Kind of knew what was the case in the here and now, i was more hoping people would update when there was any fresh news or information released :)

Nimbus 16 Jun 20 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict (Post 14529877)
Kind of knew what was the case in the here and now, i was more hoping people would update when there was any fresh news or information released :)

Ah, ok. You said which restrictions currently apply so... :grin: