theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Since when did ... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134843)

Mexy02 29 Jun 19 09:10 AM

Since when did ...

One day of heat constitute a heatwave in the uk ? I know sunny days are rare and the heating came on on Wednesday ( can you remember that far back 😂😂) but one day of nice weather and the country is going bonkers !
Just going to put a load of jumpers in that we’ve worn the past week :pgig::pgig:

dubletrub 29 Jun 19 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13926972)
One day of heat constitute a heatwave in the uk ? I know sunny days are rare and the heating came on on Wednesday ( can you remember that far back 😂😂) but one day of nice weather and the country is going bonkers !
Just going to put a load of jumpers in that we’ve worn the past week :pgig::pgig:

Wouldn't mind but the sun is not even cracking the flags here, those pesky clouds are hiding it 🤣🤣
Suppose its giving the tumble drier a day off though 😉🤣🤣

Megandllsmum 29 Jun 19 09:14 AM

I'm on second load of washing, taking full advantage of drying weather instead of having a house that resembles a Chinese laundry lol... OH out cutting last of hedges after not bring able to cut them for weeks... Rather him than me, off to asda later to loiter in freezer aisle and then work purely for the air con 😂😂😘

Mr Tom Morrow 29 Jun 19 09:18 AM

When we compare our temps to France etc etc ours are nothing to write home about. However all the Health and Safety warnings have been on BBC Wales News.

Has common sense died a death and we need warnings to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen? Beggars belief.

As an aside we have done loads this last week, lots of anoraks/coats washed, gardening done albeit some work needed with the hedge trimmer.
Too hot to wash the car though until Monday.

Bartswife 29 Jun 19 09:22 AM

I’m used to the heat. Work in a hospital where it’s always at least 100 degrees:pgig: especially when I’m in the kitchen with the massive regens on.

JLH 29 Jun 19 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13926972)

I had a winter roll neck on yesterday in the morning until about 1 then I had to change to a vest top - the weather is very bizarre this year . I thought I was the only person getting irate at them saying a heatwave and it’s just for one day ! 😂

Omega1 29 Jun 19 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 13926987)
When we compare our temps to France etc etc ours are nothing to write home about. However all the Health and Safety warnings have been on BBC Wales News.

Has common sense died a death and we need warnings to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen? Beggars belief.

As an aside we have done loads this last week, lots of anoraks/coats washed, gardening done albeit some work needed with the hedge trimmer.
Too hot to wash the car though until Monday.

Hope you abided by the risk assessments when undertaking all those dangerous activities!

Melbatb 29 Jun 19 09:25 AM

I am in south France - 40C here today! Though earlier than usual we do often get weeks on end of high 30s!

We have all shutters shut and will keep all doors shut!

NewtoOrlando 29 Jun 19 09:48 AM

I work for the NHS and it always feels like 33’ on the wards. They still had the heating on in my ward up until yesterday 😩 They won’t allow us to wear scrubs till it gets to a certain heat over a 5 day period so have to suck it up! With asthma and cardiac problems I’m staying indoors today with the fan on!

daisymae 29 Jun 19 10:39 AM

Lovely the last 2 days but looks like rain here this afternoon and tomorrow. The sun was shining but now dull. Got the family room curtains washed dried and rehung yesterday so that was great. Ds went off to work yesterday in a massive jumper couldn’t believe it told him he would melt but his reply was not when I’m walking home at midnight I won’t.