theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   All Star Movies - Parking Beware (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1146699)

AJ86 22 Sep 19 10:55 PM

All Star Movies - Parking Beware

Hi All,

We checked into the All star Movies the other day, all travel was book independently, and hotel booked via a 3rd party site.

Upon check in we were told by the cast member that parking is $13 plus tax. I said we are from the UK so parking should be free, her response was to laugh and say no sorry. I replied and said no parking is free for UK guests in 2019, she checked with her colleagues who also said no.

I brought the parking info up on the Disney website which stated the free parking, which she took away to her supervisor who of course said it was fine.

So just a warning if you are planning on staying here soon or have stayed here, maybe check your card statements.

There must be thousands of UK guests parking cars here and for them not to know this seems very strange.

Just one to look out for!

Sweets 22 Sep 19 11:05 PM

The other day someone got home and then received a bill for parking after having a similar chat at check in. So it seems it’s not uncommon unfortunately.

Floridatilly 23 Sep 19 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ86 (Post 14087835)
Hi All,

We checked into the All star Movies the other day, all travel was book independently, and hotel booked via a 3rd party site.

Upon check in we were told by the cast member that parking is $13 plus tax. I said we are from the UK so parking should be free, her response was to laugh and say no sorry. I replied and said no parking is free for UK guests in 2019, she checked with her colleagues who also said no.

I brought the parking info up on the Disney website which stated the free parking, which she took away to her supervisor who of course said it was fine.

So just a warning if you are planning on staying here soon or have stayed here, maybe check your card statements.

There must be thousands of UK guests parking cars here and for them not to know this seems very strange.

Not parking related but how have you found all stars movies?
The rooms have been updated and look nicer than the other all stars resorts
We are thinking of staying one night, here or all stars sports. Sports is £40 cheaper but would you say the nicer rooms are worth that extra cost?
Thanks

AJ86 23 Sep 19 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridatilly (Post 14088211)
Not parking related but how have you found all stars movies?
The rooms have been updated and look nicer than the other all stars resorts
We are thinking of staying one night, here or all stars sports. Sports is £40 cheaper but would you say the nicer rooms are worth that extra cost?
Thanks

I have only seen pics of the old rooms, but the new ones are very nice and modern, Movies was the most expensive out the 3 for our dates, so also paid the little extra for the nicer rooms. Not 100% if all the rooms have been done yet, sure someone with a bit more knowledge can clarify. We are in block 2 so actually closer to the music bus stop than the movies, so we have been getting what ever bus comes first and has room.

Hope that helps!

pompeyboy 23 Sep 19 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ86 (Post 14087835)
Hi All,

Thanks for letting people know. They tried that with us back in February at CSR, I put it down to them being busy and using less experienced check in staff to help speed things up.

A quick check with the supervisor got it sorted for us but there have been other reports along the same lines throughout the year so well worth reminding those yet to visit.

It might be worth printing or screen shotting the page about free parking for UK visitors as I tried to get the page up at the check in desk but I could only get onto the US site which doesn't mention it.