theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sharing a villa with strangers? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=748050)

Kelly1234 6 Oct 13 09:11 PM

Sharing a villa with strangers?

Hey up.

My wife and I have just come back from our 1st, but definitely not our last, trip to Florida :) I went :( I'm back

My wife and I shared a 3 bed townhouse with a woman who she works with and her husband. (we are all in our 40s)

This couple I had only met once prior to going when I cooked them a curry for a Saturday night get together... this arranged after we booked everything so good job they were quite normal people:):):)

The villa cost was shared 50/50 and we each took it in turns to go to Walmart... I LOVE their 1.5litre bottle of wines.

We also had separate cars as they had been to Florida 10+ times and so didn't do the parks.

The only time we spent together was 2 meals out and the odd bottle or 2 of wine just nattering/watching TV

Other than that, our lives did not entwine around each other.

My question is, has anyone else ever shared a villa (or even thought about it) to keep the cost down.

Kel

coggie 6 Oct 13 09:14 PM

fair play to you doing that and it working, but I could not think of anything worse than sharing a villa with anyone... I would struggle with sisters and in laws let alone strangers... gladly pay the extra and have the villa to me and my family

arkv1lla 6 Oct 13 09:15 PM

Gosh, that was brave of you :omg: I'm glad it worked out for you :)

We often have 2 families share our villa but they are either related or are good friends

Sandra

sunsetlakes 6 Oct 13 09:16 PM

Wow you were really brave. I've shared with family but wouldn't dream of sharing with a stranger - mind you I'd be too worried about them seeing my wobbly bits around the pool or having to creep around at silly o'clock in the morning when I can't sleep. Glad you had a great time though and it's a novel way of sharing the costs :wave:

married2mm 6 Oct 13 09:19 PM

That's great it worked for you.

However,I have absolutely no desire to share our precious holiday time and space with anyone else.
Whether they're friends,family or strangers.;)

owens5558 6 Oct 13 09:35 PM

We once shared a narrow boat with friends soon after we were married- never again.

I think you were very brave but I am glad it worked out for you.

Penny

bLaZeR666_uk 6 Oct 13 09:43 PM

Another villa snob here. I can just about bear sharing with my wife... (ouch ) rubs his bruised arm vigorously. ...

KarenG 6 Oct 13 09:45 PM

Absolutely definitely not - my worst nightmare!

How much did you actually save? I mean, what did the 50% represent?

Flojo224 6 Oct 13 09:46 PM

We shared a villa with friends and it was awful! Their marriage was a war and their daughter a nightmare who could scream and shout for hours until she got her own way! ! Never again!

arkv1lla 6 Oct 13 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk (Post 9037876)
Another villa snob here. I can just about bear sharing with my wife... (ouch ) rubs his bruised arm vigorously. ...

:d::d: You deserve the sore arm :d:

Sandra