theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Current Virus Issue Forum (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242)
-   -   Possible to Avoid Welsh PCR test costs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1200337)

Whoppery5k 26 Jul 21 11:49 PM

Possible to Avoid Welsh PCR test costs
 
I know this sounds absolutely terrible, but has anyone from Wales managed to avoid paying the Welsh PCR test cost?
I have absolutely no issues with getting a PCR test for me and my family when I return from holiday but the cost for living in Wales is just wrong.
A PCR with TUI is £20, but because I live in Wales I have to pay the Welsh government £88 for one and can't go private.
Almost all my money for holidays had been tied up in Florida this year and obviously that's gone down the pan.
So I need to save in places if possible.
We are a family of 6 all over the age of 11 so it's £540 extra on top.
I had allocated £500 for PCR tests for Florida but this extra £2-3000 we need for a European holiday (even British at current prices)
Has left us a little tight, do I need to save were possible and think being forced to take a £88 test, when I can get them in England for aa little as £20/£30 each is wrong

joanna23 27 Jul 21 01:07 AM

Itís shocking isnít it! Ours are £170 for my two kids as Iíve priced up because theyíre still making them test on Day 2 and Day 8. Plus I canít seem to get around the glitch in the portal that makes a vaccinated adult pay the £170 instead of just £88 when I put us in with the children. Aaargh.

Reereef 27 Jul 21 05:45 AM

Loads of Welsh people are using Randox or Tui etc. No problems at all. Particularly when returning via an English airport.

Iím a chicken though, so I bought the CTM testsÖjust incase.

Nanna Frozen 27 Jul 21 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reereef (Post 15073188)
Loads of Welsh people are using Randox or Tui etc. No problems at all. Particularly when returning via an English airport.

Iím a chicken though, so I bought the CMT testsÖjust incase.

Iím a chicken too!

Reereef 27 Jul 21 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joanna23 (Post 15073167)
Itís shocking isnít it! Ours are £170 for my two kids as Iíve priced up because theyíre still making them test on Day 2 and Day 8. Plus I canít seem to get around the glitch in the portal that makes a vaccinated adult pay the £170 instead of just £88 when I put us in with the children. Aaargh.

Itís not a glitch, there are two different sites. On the Welsh Gov advice site, there is a separate CTM link for the vaccinated.

I think itís naughtyÖIíve spoken to a few people here in Mallorca who gave up looking and ended up buying extra tests they donít need in panic.

Hereís the Ďvaccinatedí link.

https://quarantinehotel.ctmportal.co...antine/?vacc=Y

ziggyzag 27 Jul 21 08:19 AM

I will just buy the cheap tests and risk it

RM2016 27 Jul 21 08:35 AM

I returned to Edinburgh yesterday, same prices as Wales and just used Randox.

joanna23 27 Jul 21 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reereef (Post 15073191)
Itís not a glitch, there are two different sites. On the Welsh Gov advice site, there is a separate CTM link for the vaccinated.

I think itís naughtyÖIíve spoken to a few people here in Mallorca who gave up looking and ended up buying extra tests they donít need in panic.

Hereís the Ďvaccinatedí link.

https://quarantinehotel.ctmportal.co...antine/?vacc=Y

Thanks so much for this! Youíve just saved me something if we do escape.

Am I right in understanding that the kids do still need to pay the £170 price?

Reereef 27 Jul 21 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joanna23 (Post 15073344)
Thanks so much for this! Youíve just saved me something if we do escape.

Am I right in understanding that the kids do still need to pay the £170 price?

Iím sorry, Iím not sure as just DH and I went away.

Hereís the Ďofficialí guidance, which may help you?

https://gov.wales/rules-foreign-trav...-covid-19-html

Whoppery5k 27 Jul 21 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM2016 (Post 15073328)
I returned to Edinburgh yesterday, same prices as Wales and just used Randox.

What's randox


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.