theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Beach Club concerns? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1154198)

Danex 5 Dec 19 02:23 PM

Beach Club concerns?

We have booked our “dream holiday” for next June staying for two weeks at the Beach Club, and I’m becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of negative reports I’ve been reading about the resort.

We have wanted to stay at this resort for years, we normally stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but as it’s my 50th birthday next year and our first trip to WDW as just a couple we have stretched ourselves to the Beach Club but I’m worried that it’s going to be a disaster and we should just go back to Riverside.

We booked it for the location of being so close to Epcot and being able to walk and have a more adult orientated Disney holiday.

Can anyone put my mind to rest or confirm my concerns?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Disneycraft 5 Dec 19 03:48 PM

Stayed there twice and going again next year .imo it’s the best hotel on property.we’ve also stayed at POR and Contemporary,Beach Club is our favourite.what are your concerns ?

Disneycraft 5 Dec 19 03:51 PM

Our trips overlap ,we may see you there :grin:

Danex 5 Dec 19 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneycraft (Post 14195035)
Stayed there twice and going again next year .imo it’s the best hotel on property.we’ve also stayed at POR and Contemporary,Beach Club is our favourite.what are your concerns ?

I’ve read quite a few comments from Dibbers recently who have complained about lack of service/poor attitudes of staff, the condition of the rooms with plugs/lights not working, rooms not cleaned properly from previous guests, and a lot of poor comments about the condition of the beds.

Have you stayed this year?

Thanks for your reply 😊

Danex 5 Dec 19 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneycraft (Post 14195038)
Our trips overlap ,we may see you there :grin:

They do indeed!
We’ll see you there!

Mycaseispacked 5 Dec 19 06:06 PM

I can’t offer any reassurances but we are in the same boat. We are staying for the first time in August after staying at POR on our last trip. We weren’t wowed by POR although it was fine, but we loved the feel of BC when we visited so have planned our dream trip for next year. I’m now worried after reading some less than stellar reviews too! I know all hotels have their good and bad points and I’m trying to set expectations accordingly but it is such a lot of money to spend on a disappointing experience so I share your worry 🙈.

Mexy02 5 Dec 19 06:51 PM

Only you can decide what’s best for you but this was the second room ! we were given at the yacht in oct/Nov . It was disgraceful for a deluxe but we were there 5 nights and I’d already wasted one of them complaining and changing to this . This was room 1111 attached the the captains deck ! Dire , beach I believe is the same manager and it needs an overhaul for sure . I’m still mortified now as these holidays take some saving for and this wasnt cheap by any standards .

This is accumulated dirt from bad housekeeping

Princesses 3 5 Dec 19 06:59 PM

In my view it has gone down in recent years and certainly since our first visit which was 6 years ago. Our most recent visit was in August and we did complain primarily because of cleanliness. As it’s a deluxe and due to the price you certainly expect better. Having said that the location is unbeatable and the resort is beautiful and we still had a fabulous time as I’m sure you will. We are back to POFQ in August but only because we can’t afford BC. If they were the same price I’d choose BC every time

Danex 5 Dec 19 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycaseispacked (Post 14195177)
I can’t offer any reassurances but we are in the same boat. We are staying for the first time in August after staying at POR on our last trip. We weren’t wowed by POR although it was fine, but we loved the feel of BC when we visited so have planned our dream trip for next year. I’m now worried after reading some less than stellar reviews too! I know all hotels have their good and bad points and I’m trying to set expectations accordingly but it is such a lot of money to spend on a disappointing experience so I share your worry 🙈.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it’s so hard, as you say every hotel has good and bad bits and I don’t expect it to be perfect.
Saying that, like you it’s cost us a lot of money, £6500 just for the hotel/tickets.
So with flights etc on top we are over £8k before we spend anything there and I don’t want to feel that we have wasted that money.

It’s such a hard decision!

Danex 5 Dec 19 07:16 PM

Oh dear Mexy that really isn’t good enough!

And if that’s what you were moved to then how bad was the first room!