theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Need help choosing patio layout? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128871)

catlady 15 May 19 08:26 PM

Need help choosing patio layout?

Hi guys,

Got 2 designs for our new patio layout and just can't decide? They are very similar cost! The garden is NW facing and we are trying to get rid of the grass that just doesn't grow as it's in the shade most of the year with patio!

The 1st is diagonal shape!

The 2nd more traditional L shaped!

Would love your opinions? Please :wavey:

Nicksgirl 15 May 19 08:31 PM

Personally the first one. Hope it all goes well. x

Gryff 15 May 19 08:32 PM

1makes the garden look bigger but 2looks as though it will give you more useable patio space

Nicksgirl 15 May 19 08:34 PM

Mind you the second one you can fit your garden sofa and Dining Table and chairs quite close together.
The first one, you seem to be without the Dining set.
x

3disneykids 15 May 19 08:41 PM

That is hard they both have good qualities. I think 1 is more aesthetically pleasing and 2 is more practical. I hope you don't mind me asking but I am looking into getting my garden done . How big is your garden and what quotes have you been provided for the costs. Thanks in advance :)

catlady 15 May 19 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl (Post 13846003)
Mind you the second one you can fit your garden sofa and Dining Table and chairs quite close together.
The first one, you seem to be without the Dining set.
x

We can just get the table and chairs in to the right of the sofa? The alternative is to get a corner sofa and table set rather than both? Which we might do if we go for the 1st option?🤔

sam7 15 May 19 08:52 PM

I like the 2nd option best

Nicksgirl 15 May 19 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady (Post 13846052)
We can just get the table and chairs in to the right of the sofa? The alternative is to get a corner sofa and table set rather than both? Which we might do if we go for the 1st option?🤔

For me, I would rather keep the dining table separate as when you have a nice dinner or BBQ with friends, its nice to retire to the sofas with a drink and relax, or in our case, for all the dogs to jump on everyone and knock everything flying.
;);)

Happy Planning.
xx

EssexSue 15 May 19 08:56 PM

I like the first one it's a bit more unusual!

catlady 15 May 19 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 13846030)
That is hard they both have good qualities. I think 1 is more aesthetically pleasing and 2 is more practical. I hope you don't mind me asking but I am looking into getting my garden done . How big is your garden and what quotes have you been provided for the costs. Thanks in advance :)

Its not that big 11m x11m? Its a new build. The quotes have been just for the patio, which is grey sandstone with dark grey engineering edging. We need levelling and drainage as the soil is awful! Plus there's a path down the side of the house you can't see on the plan! Sorry I can't remember how much patio there is in total? Dh is out so I'll update later?

The quotes ranged from £5,100 and £5,800? Dh will do all the rest as he loves gardening!