theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   How rubbish is DP? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=805069)

AnnieB 20 Jun 14 02:06 PM

How rubbish is DP?

We are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next year, but i have read some negative comments here about it, e.g. people begging for money at the entrance, not a very clean place, rudeness etc.

The last time I went was about 20 years ago when I was a teenager! I expect it has changed a lot.

We would perhaps go for a budget option, staying at Davy Crockett ranch and take our car. Is it worth going or should we just save up for our trip Florida in a couple of years?

How many nights is best?

Jessyka1990 20 Jun 14 02:10 PM

Its no disney world but its not as awful as the first few things you described, we didnt see this atall,

People can be rude but that happens everywhere,

We did 4 nights 5 days and dare i say it? We got bored :( it definatly go agaim but for 2 nights or max of 3

Adora 20 Jun 14 02:17 PM

I think it's great for a short break. No it's not WDW, but nobody expects it to be, and it's great for a few days away as a Disney fix. The last time we went there were a few rude people in the parks, the same as you'd find anywhere, and the hotel we stayed in looked worn, but we did see any beggars, and the parks were good fun.

itsrachelhere 20 Jun 14 02:21 PM

I really like it! I think it makes a massive difference when you go though (weekends can be crazy for example). Personally one of the things I like most about DLP is the close proximity of everything, which might be lost at Davy crockett. Saying that, the facilities out there seem good, so I am sure that would compensate for not being in the heart of everything as such.

mrmoo123 20 Jun 14 02:26 PM

My brother has been for the last 3 years and he has said no more... he said you could literally notice the decline from one year to the next. Other then the lack of customer service the things that bothered him the most were:

1. the 'staffing' levels (i.e. two tills open in a busy counter service restaurant at lunchtime, he queued for 2.5 hours for a pizza). Its almost like they are laying people off and not replacing them... funding problems maybe?

2. the general upkeep of everything... many rides, queues, parades etc. just feel like they haven't had a lick of paint for years. There's graffiti in the space mountain queue that was still there a YEAR later!

3. Nothing 'NEW' in 3 years! I know they are about to open the Ratatouille ride, but he said that was it the only visible sign that something was being added. They don't update anything either... like Disney Junior still has My friends tigger and pooh and little einsteins! Maybe that's because they still air in Europe, but it's these little things that all add up to more of an Alton Towers experience, then a Disney one.

SunbreezeFL 20 Jun 14 02:27 PM

DP is a great place for a short break - of course its much smaller than WDW so there is less to do but the fact that the 2 parks are so close together is a great bonus - you can easily go from one to another picking the best bits. We didn't see anyone begging and the place wasn't dirty.

We did 3 days staying onsite the first visit and a few days in Paris and 2 days staying nearby the second visit then drove on to the Loire Valley for a week of relaxation.

Have fun :)

Guest 20 Jun 14 02:27 PM

I've been so many times now and we have always had a great time. Not seen any rudeness or it being dirty or begging for money.. Yes it's no WDW but you can't compare the two personally .. It's a nice bit of disney if you're missing it .

BevS97 20 Jun 14 02:29 PM

i quite like it; but we also experienced crazy queues in quick service restaurant. ive never seen that at WDW.

i think the parks are lovely and we happily filled 4 days

itsrachelhere 20 Jun 14 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 9746869)
i quite like it; but we also experienced crazy queues in quick service restaurant. ive never seen that at WDW.

i think the parks are lovely and we happily filled 4 days

Thats one thing I would agree on, the queues for the CS are just SO frustrating in the actual parks. Out in the Disney village its much better though, and there's some great TS meals, some of which aren't stupidly expensive.

Guest 20 Jun 14 02:33 PM

we found there was lots of pushing and rudeness when people were meeting the characters, i dont tihnk they do queueing like we do