theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Formosa Gardens or Windsor Hills? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158332)

jools1302 19 Jan 20 09:15 PM

Formosa Gardens or Windsor Hills?

Hello there,

We’ve been looking to secure a villa for 2021, not gonna lie we are very fussy! We know what we like and some things e.g. south facing pool are non negotiable. We’ve sent numerous enquiries and have been disappointed to find that some of our favourites were already booked. We’ve now narrowed it down to two possibles one at Formosa Gardens and the other at Windsor Hills. The pool area at FG is really fab, big and spacious for all our family, and the villa looks amazing! But the villa backs on to Livingstone Road - would this put you off? We are not that familiar with the area and I am being stupid I know by worrying about the security of the property because of the road directly over the wall at the back of the house.
Windsor Hills looks great with the added bonus of some onsite facilities, but the pool at the villa is not nearly as nice, although the layout of the rooms would suit us slightly better.
Can anyone give me any advice/information about either community?
Thanks so much :mickey2:

DonnaD 19 Jan 20 09:24 PM

The villa at FG is very likely to be much nicer. If the onsite facilities aren't important to you I would definitely choose that one. There is a wall along the Livingstone Road side. I certainly wouldn't be worried about security. I live in an ungated community nearby and don't feel remotely unsafe.

SussexFamily 19 Jan 20 09:26 PM

Livingstone road isn’t too busy, so I wouldn’t worry - we love this area for a villa having previously stayed off Hwy 27. Handy for 192 and the new Walmart is accessed via Livingstone road. If I had to choose I would go for Windsor Hills but both are ideally placed tbh. Hope this helps

jools1302 20 Jan 20 09:33 PM

Thanks for your thoughts ladies... I know I am now overthinking everything! Trying to prioritise what is most important to us so I can rule one out!

MrsFizz 20 Jan 20 10:37 PM

We stayed in Formosa gardens and our villa backed onto this road, we had no concerns about security. There was a tiny bit of noise from the road but we would 100% go back there.

Our villa was amazing. We picked it for the oversize pool and deck. Oh fab location as well.

jools1302 20 Jan 20 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsFizz (Post 14250799)
We stayed in Formosa gardens and our villa backed onto this road, we had no concerns about security. There was a tiny bit of noise from the road but we would 100% go back there.

Our villa was amazing. We picked it for the oversize pool and deck. Oh fab location as well.

Oh thanks for that... I know I am being silly as regards security not worried about me its the children... different bedrooms etc! Would be funny if I’m looking at the same villa as you had... thanks again x

NickPytlinski 21 Jan 20 03:16 PM

we are stopping in formosa gardens this year. the villas look twice as nice in my opinion.
depends what your after. there is no need to worry about security in both areas.

youre-nicked 21 Jan 20 03:56 PM

I've stayed at FG and loved it

MrsFizz 21 Jan 20 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jools1302 (Post 14250907)
Oh thanks for that... I know I am being silly as regards security not worried about me its the children... different bedrooms etc! Would be funny if I’m looking at the same villa as you had... thanks again x

If it is the same villa your be lucky! It was lovely. The best we have stayed in.

jools1302 21 Jan 20 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts gonna go ahead with the FG villa... exciting times!