theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   October 2020 - Staying Positive? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1174829)

Wilson9795 21 Jun 20 11:18 AM

October 2020 - Staying Positive?
 
Hi all, Id thought Id start a similar thread to the August one - sorry if this has been done before.

We were originally booked from August 12th - 22nd, 10 nights Aventura with indirect flights from Glasgow via Newark - these were cancelled in March by United

We then rebooked the same dates and hotel via BA from Gatwick - however we then noticed the news that BA have pulled out of Gatwick for the time being.

To be honest its worked better for us, we managed to change to October. This time though we will be having an over night stop in Chicago and 6 nights in Orlando the back indirect via Miami.

With the money saved we managed to upgrade to the Hard Rock Hotel and still had extra money left from our original booking to book airport hotel, parking, a hotel in Chicago and annual travel insurance.

So now looking forward to a late October trip and staying hopeful everything will go ahead. Any one else staying positive?

darsch1982 21 Jun 20 12:52 PM

Yeah we were going to disney for 14 days now changed to discovery cove and universal staying off site 10 day and onsite 4 days but think will still be ok 11th October so exited 😂😂

snowbelle 21 Jun 20 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson9795 (Post 14538524)
Hi all, Id thought Id start a similar thread to the August one - sorry if this has been done before.

We were originally booked from August 12th - 22nd, 10 nights Aventura with indirect flights from Glasgow via Newark - these were cancelled in March by United

We then rebooked the same dates and hotel via BA from Gatwick - however we then noticed the news that BA have pulled out of Gatwick for the time being.

To be honest its worked better for us, we managed to change to October. This time though we will be having an over night stop in Chicago and 6 nights in Orlando the back indirect via Miami.

With the money saved we managed to upgrade to the Hard Rock Hotel and still had extra money left from our original booking to book airport hotel, parking, a hotel in Chicago and annual travel insurance.

So now looking forward to a late October trip and staying hopeful everything will go ahead. Any one else staying positive?

27th October for us split stay Into Texas out of Miami ..not too much booked apart from the BA fly drive (payment not due until Sept 8th) hoping we can still go :thumbup:

jlbf06 21 Jun 20 01:12 PM

24th October for us, ten nights. Flying into Miami with BA but keeping our fingers crossed that all will be in place. We don't mind less parades/shows/masks/etc. We lost our May cruise so just a getaway to the sun would be amazing at this point!

millerj 21 Jun 20 01:13 PM

October 18th for us for 14 nights. Staying offsite with a night at universal. Got our 14 day Disney tickets and universal tickets and hoping we go ahead. Appreciate it will be a different experience but we have been 6 times in 15 years and seen the changes that were non covid related and had the experiences eg fireworks parades etc before. We usually stick to a park a day anyway and all been at work/school for last 13 weeks as critical workers so though dont underestimate impact of covid have worked through the anxieties. Our youngest is now 11 and we had already agreed last year this would be our last Disney holiday as w3 so enjoy road trips now the kids are older. hoping for quieter parks like they used to be in October 15 years ago. Just waiting to see park availability on the 28th to start getting excited again

bosshogg 21 Jun 20 02:11 PM

Still holding out hope atm.
4 months is a long time in covid world, so will see. Still insured if it comes to that.

8th October for 14 nights, 10 of us in a 16 bed villa.
EDI JFK MCO with Delta.

Universal and busch / seaworld tickets only. Might do KSC.
Cabana booked at Volcano Bay which can be cancelled foc.

Wobbles 21 Jun 20 02:16 PM

1st for us. We were only doing Universal (AP holders) and may well skip HHN.

Staying in a villa, so own pool and space.

We're hopeful

MissCellaneous 21 Jun 20 04:11 PM

Yep, going in October for two weeks, staying at endless summer surfside, paid for all tickets, going to HHN, will spend tons of time at universal as usual, but also reserved Busch gardens and SeaWorld days already, will try for Disney reservations in a week, willing to play it by ear and wear masks etc etc as required if we can go! Everything crossed 😊

minnieliv 21 Jun 20 04:27 PM

October 1st for me , fingers crossed we can go , still pretty hopeful!

lmartin 21 Jun 20 04:43 PM

October 24th for us, 3 weeks. It was looking positive but looking at the recent quite significant (and growing) spike in cases in Florida, including in Orange County, as well as the news of the reproductive rate being highest amongst people 30-40 - I'm now not so sure.

I think given the FL governor comes from the school of Trump he'll just keep opening up until it's too late.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.