theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Food box meal reviews (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179840)

Anne 8 Sep 20 04:26 PM

Food box meal reviews

Here goes:)

We are on Creamy chicken potato topped pie tonight. Gousto image attached. Looks like yummy comfort food to me.

https://production-media.gousto.co.u...32093-x750.jpg

I've scanned through the recipe and already prepped what I can. Also, I rarely make the stock separately. I tend to put the stock cube in the pan and then add boiling water etc. Saves washing up;)

I'll come and edit this post after we've eaten it.:)

If anyone wants me to post which meals we've had over the past few weeks I'm happy to.

Edited to add it was delicious and I will make it again. Only downside is that was a lot to wash up afterwards which is why I prefer their one pot meals.

BucksBugsy 8 Sep 20 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne (Post 14639436)
Here goes:)

We are on Creamy chicken potato topped pie tonight. Gousto image attached. Looks like yummy comfort food to me.

https://production-media.gousto.co.u...32093-x750.jpg

I've scanned through the recipe and already prepped what I can. Also, I rarely make the stock separately. I tend to put the stock cube in the pan and then add boiling water etc. Saves washing up;)

I'll come and edit this post after we've eaten it.:)

If anyone wants me to post which meals we've had over the past few weeks I'm happy to.

That's on our list for this week. We have creamy meatball and mushroom tray bake tonight.

Posiesmum 8 Sep 20 05:12 PM

Coconut fish curry

Very nice, not too spicy. I liked the way that you could add chopped chillies if you preferred it hotter. Really quick and easy.

Easy lamb biryani

Really wasn’t sure about this. Neither of us are keen on lamb, so it was a bit of a risk. Smelt odd while cooking but both of us really liked it. Perhaps a little oily? Husband didn’t add the yoghurt.

Spanish chicken and charred pepper salad.

This was the fiddliest to prepare, two oven trays and a frying pan. However it was a nice warm salad and the portion sizes were good. My only quibble was that it would have been nice for the rocket to be pre washed. The aioli dressing was quite fiery, but complimented the dish well.

NB All photos from Gousto website!

BucksBugsy 8 Sep 20 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posiesmum (Post 14639490)
Coconut fish curry

Very nice, not too spicy. I liked the way that you could add chopped chilliest if you preferred it hotter. Really quick and easy.

Easy lamb biryani

Really wasn’t sure about this. Neither of us are keen on lamb, so it was a bit of a risk. Smelt odd while cooking but both of us Really liked it. Husband didn’t add the yoghurt. Perhaps a little oily?

This was the fiddliest to prepare, two oven trays and a frying pan. However it was a nice warm salad and the portion sizes were good. My only quibble was that it would have been nice for the rocket to be pre washed. The aioli dressing was quite fiery, but Complimented the dish well.

They all look nice but I'm the only one who likes coconut here :(

BucksBugsy 8 Sep 20 06:47 PM

So our first meal - pork and mushroom creamy tray bake. Very nice and well cooked by Wife.

Would have again. 100% approval record so far !

JessBlu 8 Sep 20 06:57 PM

Love Gousto, really gets us out of our food rut!

I tend to do one month on, one month off the repeated the recipes we had.

Works well

BucksBugsy 8 Sep 20 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessBlu (Post 14639594)
Love Gousto, really gets us out of our food rut!

I tend to do one month on, one month off the repeated the recipes we had.

Works well

Do you get a discount when you go back after your month off?

caj 8 Sep 20 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posiesmum (Post 14639490)
Coconut fish curry

Very nice, not too spicy. I liked the way that you could add chopped chillies if you preferred it hotter. Really quick and easy.

Easy lamb biryani

Really wasn’t sure about this. Neither of us are keen on lamb, so it was a bit of a risk. Smelt odd while cooking but both of us really liked it. Perhaps a little oily? Husband didn’t add the yoghurt.

This was the fiddliest to prepare, two oven trays and a frying pan. However it was a nice warm salad and the portion sizes were good. My only quibble was that it would have been nice for the rocket to be pre washed. The aioli dressing was quite fiery, but complimented the dish well.

Coukd you have left the coconut out or was it coconut milk?

mskitty 8 Sep 20 08:20 PM

Cooked this tonight. It was really easy to prepare and very tasty.

Guest 8 Sep 20 08:27 PM

Anyone brave enough to show their own in comparison to the hello fresh or gousto image. I am interested in the picture versus the reality. Any thoughts on portion sizing ?

Presumably all the above are gousto?