theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Record number of infections (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180726)

aj2703 25 Sep 20 11:07 AM

Record number of infections

Was watching the news this morning. On the ticker at the bottom it said that yesterday France had broken the record for the highest daily infection rate increase 16,000 !

I'd steer well clear of France in general, let alone Disney for a good while.

lizzie145 25 Sep 20 11:40 AM

That's your view and decision but according to our government we are following France so it will be the same in the UK soon.

I am happy with the measures that are in place in DLP and will still be going unless it closes or my flight gets cancelled.

aj2703 25 Sep 20 01:48 PM

Good Luck !

RM2016 25 Sep 20 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 14659018)
That's your view and decision but according to our government we are following France so it will be the same in the UK soon.

I am happy with the measures that are in place in DLP and will still be going unless it closes or my flight gets cancelled.

I would be going in your position too, just like here there are areas of the country that are worse than others. Since March we have visited 3 Theme Parks in Italy and 2 in this country and have loved every minute. Enjoy every second!

irnman 25 Sep 20 06:23 PM

Quote:

Completely agree, hence we might see you there :wavey:

lizzie145 25 Sep 20 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irnman (Post 14659494)
Completely agree, hence we might see you there :wavey:

Yay, though I think the temperature has dropped

Bozza 25 Sep 20 09:36 PM

It will be the same as is the case here - it may be a record number of infections based on positive cases recorded, but it won't be a record number of infections based on the actual number of people infected.

It is estimated that 80,000 - 100,000 people a day were infected here back at the peak, but our testing barely scratched the surface at the time.

mrsbenny 26 Sep 20 06:24 AM

I just wish they would lift the quarantine on return! I’d be off like a shot! Hoping for December.

nquart 26 Sep 20 01:53 PM

Quote:

Even if the foreign office advises against all but essential travel (thus invalidating your insurance)? Or do you have insurance that would still cover you?

kenville 26 Sep 20 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbenny (Post 14659806)
I just wish they would lift the quarantine on return! I’d be off like a shot! Hoping for December.

Me too, just can’t see it happening unfortunately.