theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   HS Fastpasses when GE opens (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131725)

Wigan Lass 5 Jun 19 12:46 PM

HS Fastpasses when GE opens

So what are opinions on the strong rumour (seen by club level guests who are now booking their late August fast passes) that all HS rides will become Tier 1 with shows Tier 2?

Im actually quite positive about this.
I think it will mean on the day availability for most, if not all rides.
I do think however it harks back to the old paper system where you needed to be in a park for rope drop to stand any chance of getting the headliners.
You’re going to need to be in the park for rope drop, using those 3 pre books as quickly as you can to open up the continuous booking. The headliners will be gone by afternoon that’s for sure.

It’s an interesting approach

YLL 5 Jun 19 01:18 PM

Personally I have no interest in shows, only rides. So FP1 will be booked for a ride first thing, after it's used I hope I can change one of the other two Tier 2 FP into a Tier one... it should work in theory!

Wigan Lass 5 Jun 19 02:17 PM

You will need to use 2 Tier 2 FP before the system will open up tier 1 again.

My approach will be to modify times. So scan into tier 1, immediately modify next tier 2 to a closer time. Scan into first tier 2 and repeat modification process. Scan into second tier 2 and begin search for a tier 1 again. You can probably get away without actually going into the shows but you will have to “use” two tier 2 passes

gismo1554 5 Jun 19 02:33 PM

From what I've read Star Tours is likely to remain Teir 2 its just the others that wont so at least there's one ride option

Miss_Shell 5 Jun 19 02:41 PM

As long as we ride ToT I'm not bothered!

jothp 5 Jun 19 03:25 PM

This does seem to make tier 2 pretty much pointless! I'm wondering if this is being done to make things more even for the offsite guests so everybody will get one ride prebooked and then have an equal chance of extras on the day. They have already weighted things quite heavily towards onsite with the daily 3 hours of EMH. It will be interesting to see what happens with the tiers once the mickey and minnie train opens and they start using FP in SW:GE.

SMAX 5 Jun 19 04:35 PM

Just a reminder you can always check the tiers on the DIBB fast pass availability page. You will see on there that the tiers change on 29th August

Lisa_Lollipop 5 Jun 19 04:42 PM

Wow I had no idea about this change. As off-site guests this is going to make DHS a pretty pointless visit for us as other than our one pre-booked tier one fast pass we are highly unlikely to get on anything else surely?

Or will this mean that standby lines for the tier 1 rides will be shorter as less FPs are available?

Orlando 2004 5 Jun 19 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMAX (Post 13886248)
Just a reminder you can always check the tiers on the DIBB fast pass availability page. You will see on there that the tiers change on 29th August

Thanks just looked. We'll definitely be making sure we do HS earlier in our holiday. Not even sure we'll attempt to go in after the 29th even though dh and dd love Star Wars.

Wigan Lass 5 Jun 19 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop (Post 13886261)
Wow I had no idea about this change. As off-site guests this is going to make DHS a pretty pointless visit for us as other than our one pre-booked tier one fast pass we are highly unlikely to get on anything else surely?

Or will this mean that standby lines for the tier 1 rides will be shorter as less FPs are available?

I think it’s better news for offsite guests than onsite.

You’re guaranteed at least 1 tier ride by prebooking and have equal chance with onsite guests of getting more. At prebooking there’ll be greater chance of getting rides that previously wouldn’t have been available at 30 days out

There’s going to be availability on the day. Get there early, get a good strategy for using up your 3 prebooks and tier one will be open again. There’ll be availability probably until early afternoon. It’s the old system