theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Anthem to the Fjords (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1206656)

oateyboy 23 Oct 21 04:41 PM

Anthem to the Fjords

Sailing Aug 2022 to the Fjords from Southampton. Was wondering what currency I will need. Will it be £ or $

Thanks

Andrea1 23 Oct 21 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oateyboy (Post 15185512)
Sailing Aug 2022 to the Fjords from Southampton. Was wondering what currency I will need. Will it be £ or $

Thanks

I think all Royal Caribbean deal in US Dollars

HiddenMickey35 24 Oct 21 08:11 PM

We are going to fjords on 15 May 2022

We will bring Fairfx cards for dollars and Norway 🇳🇴

MrsEgg 24 Oct 21 08:21 PM

Anthem/Royal Caribbean is Dollars, everything on board is charged back to the room so we just paid ours off with our Halifax clarity card, got a better exchange rate that way.

stecee 1 Nov 21 09:36 AM

Everything on board will be priced in $ and is charged to your cabin. When boarding you will be asked if you want to add a credit card to your account and this will be used to settle your bill at the end of the cruise. I’m not sure what happens if you don’t want to use a credit card.
You will need Norwegian Krone for spending ashore if you want to use cash.

katiec68 2 Nov 21 09:53 PM

Nearly everywhere you stop on the Fjords trip will take a card - maybe some of the smaller coffee shops wont - but you will need a second mortgage - think £10 a pint of £5 a coffee :omg::omg:

We would go out in the morning and then return to the ship for lunch and then go back out in the afternoon - or make up a couple of sarnies at breakfast to take out with us.

We had about £2.50 left in krone and couldn't spend it - not even on a bar of chocolate as we didnt have enough :pgig::pgig:

Melanie R 6 Nov 21 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 (Post 15186907)
We are going to fjords on 15 May 2022

We will bring Fairfx cards for dollars and Norway 🇳🇴

We are on the same cruise! Looking forward to being back onboard - loved the ship ❤️

HiddenMickey35 7 Nov 21 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie R (Post 15203303)
We are on the same cruise! Looking forward to being back onboard - loved the ship ❤️

Looking forward to meet you :)

That my daughter choose this ship and she always want see Norway.

HiddenMickey35 25 May 22 11:40 AM

We are back! Anthem of the Seas oh wow, I think it is my favourite ship since 4 different RC. My husband prefered Sympony of the Seas:omg:

Its beautiful ship and we love go back again with Anthem of the Seas but we booked placement as we want 2024 as no dates available.

However, Norway fjords - so beautiful, very stunning place and we were so lucky to had beautiful weather, only small raining after we got back in the ship from Grieanger.

Stavanger - when we arrived at port, as their bank holiday, we enjoyed to watched their country clothes and parade. oh wow

Olden I think it is my favourite place. We went to sky lift up to 3,000 feets. Oh wow, it is colder there and what a beautiful view of mountains with snowing and beautiful veiw of fjord. We decided went to cafe and had a latte to looked over the beautiful veiw. After that we went to bus hop on hop off as we got discount because we used sky lift.

Wow beautiful place. When we were on ship around 11 pm the sky was light and beautiful colour red wow but i was gutted I fall sleep and missed out 4 am to see sunshine.

My family love this ship and my son was shy but we cannot believe to see his confidence that he went to 70's dance and he was dancing with all group. Good show too.

We played bingo on last day sea and we surprised that it was really good for disabled like us deaf but the screen was fab.

I feel blue this week because we all had a great times.

Lovely staff and lovely people stopped chatting with us

Eeyorefanuk 26 May 22 01:47 PM

We did the ffjords on sky princess last month very last minute. We just paid for everything by card

Prices are nuts. 26 pound for two latte and two nice cake slices 😂

A man said he paid 55 pound for 4 beers 😂