theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Disability documents (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131625)

Lisa123wm 4 Jun 19 04:59 PM

Disability documents

Has anyone been recently with a disabled member?
Last time we went 6 years ago, we had to take a GP letter dated within 3 months. Reading the info now, it lists PIP, DLA, blue badge and GP letter dated within 12 months.
Does this mean no GP letter needed if we have one of the others, like PIP?

disneymad42013 8 Jun 19 05:58 PM

Hi, I keep reading different things so when we go in August and at New Year, I will be taking my sons Consultants letter which will be dated within 12 months and also his DLA letter which will be dated within 12 months. I shall take both to be on the safe side.

Sarryb 8 Jun 19 08:09 PM

We were only required to send photos of my mum's blue badge to qualify for the discount. It's listed as one of the things required for the access pass, so we're planning on taking that.

Though we could take a PIP letter, just in case, I guess. But we weren't planning on it. X

Scottishlass77 8 Jun 19 10:37 PM

Hi Everyone, we just got back a few weeks ago from our 5 night stay at DLP with my DS who has Autism and to get his Priority Pass I took proof of his DLA Allowance, his disability badge and a GP letter but to be honest the only one they were interested in was his Gp letter which seemed to carry the most weight so although the website says you only need 1 form of evidence from the list personally i wouldn't go without a letter from our Gp x

firsttimemouse 8 Jun 19 11:23 PM

We had blue badge , no gp letter and that was fine.

Lisa123wm 8 Jun 19 11:56 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I got the free carer’s ticket deduction just by sending a pic of the PIP letter.
It states on the email that I should take the same document to the hotel reception to get the priority card? I’ve always gone to the parks to do that. Anyone else had this?

Sarryb 9 Jun 19 06:55 AM

I saw that recently as city hall has been so busy, that they've started to deal with the access passes at the hotels as well. X

johnnysharp2 9 Jun 19 07:24 AM

We went to City Hall for ours first thing in the morning, got sorted straight away. We also took all the documentation you list, but GP letter and blue badge was all she wanted to see, I would take them all anyway.

Scottishlass77 9 Jun 19 04:33 PM

Hi Lisa, yes the concierge desk at the hotel can do it for you now, they did ours and it only takes a few mins 😊.

Firsttimemouse that’s great to hear you just needed your blue badge, I think it’s much easier for the CM’s if you have a disability they can actually see but in cases like my son who has Autism but from the outside looks like every other 9yr old they really wanted to see his Gp letter and kept asking if I had one despite seeing his DLA award letter and his disability badge so for us personally I wouldn’t go without one x

Lisa123wm 9 Jun 19 05:40 PM

Scottishlass77 - thanks for your reply. My son also has autism, so I will get a GP letter too just in case.