theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 5 Walks and Outlets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=973650)

Melbatb 4 Aug 16 02:10 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 5 Walks and Outlets

At last - a lie in until 6.30am!

Breakfast was a mixture of cereal and toast.

We looked at the map and decided to try a circular walk that was at the top of one of the local hills.

As usual, a slight mis-navigation ;) but we got there. The signposting for the walk was non-existent but thankfully DH has a good sense of direction and excellent map reading skills. We had a few missed turns at the beginning but were soon greeted by this :

It was stunning!

Nobody else in sight.

We walked along side a stream

Past quite a few mini waterfalls

Over some rickety bridges...

And by sheer luck back to the car. We didn't see another person during the two hours - bliss.

DS announced it was the walk of the week so far (lots of undulating ground, rocks, water - his ideal type of walk! )

We stopped of at the supermarket (again ;) ) and got in a few more supplies - including these new kitkat flavours.

Lunch was at the cabin - salmon burgers with waffle fries and broccoli followed by pineapple and strawberries.

After a rest we headed out to the outlets in Saint Saveur - about a 40 minute drive.

Not much to be had but DH and F picked up some Nike Pegasus trainers (DH's were a steal at C$45)

At Tommy Hilfigers F got a dress and I got some trousers - again C$50 all in.

We returned home and hit the lake.

Lots of messing around and jumping in! I read my kindle (as usual)

The sun started to set.

Dinner was pasta and garlic butter pizza! We nipped out to fill up the car as tomorrow we need to be off fairly early for our canoeing trip down the rapids.

app 4 Aug 16 02:25 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 4 Aug 16 2:25 AM.

mick 4 Aug 16 08:34 AM

Sounds like a lovely peaceful walk:spin:

Joan :wave:

Jake71 4 Aug 16 09:29 AM

Some absolutely gorgeous scenery on your walk. So peaceful.

Floridaagogo 4 Aug 16 09:57 PM

Those views ❤️

Melbatb 4 Aug 16 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 11867706)
Sounds like a lovely peaceful walk:spin:

Joan :wave:

It was - just the sort I like (anyone would think I was anti-social ;) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 11867870)
Some absolutely gorgeous scenery on your walk. So peaceful.

It is just glorious here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo (Post 11869975)
Those views ❤️

Indeed :D

Thanks for reading!

floridasarah 5 Aug 16 03:18 PM

Not a soul for 2 hours! What bliss. I am so enjoying your report it makes such a change from the hustle and bustle of theme parks.

Melbatb 5 Aug 16 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridasarah (Post 11871927)
Not a soul for 2 hours! What bliss. I am so enjoying your report it makes such a change from the hustle and bustle of theme parks.

Thanks - None of us do crowds very well so this really does suit us!

Loopylooloo 6 Aug 16 08:20 AM

This looks stunning, I have just shown my husband and tood him we need to go to canada! My dream is to go to lake louise, one day...

Melbatb 6 Aug 16 11:49 AM

Canada is definitely worth visiting - this is my 8th trip! Definitely our favourite place!