theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fly Miami or Wait for Orlando dilemma (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1047045)

Guest 13 Sep 17 03:00 PM

Fly Miami or Wait for Orlando dilemma

We are a party of 2 families trying to go next year, already booked villa.
Our argument is fly to Miami and stay the night and pay 429 (at moment) or wait for the flights to drop to that price for orlando, if they do! Both flights will be indirect.
Other family want to hold out.
Opinions please 😊

nquart 13 Sep 17 03:21 PM

I'd personally prefer to fly into MCO because I don't like the idea of a long drive to/from the airport (plus DD gets a bit travel sick) and I would pay more for a flight that was more convenient.

SunshineValley 13 Sep 17 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melev (Post 12834970)
We are a party of 2 families trying to go next year, already booked villa.
Our argument is fly to Miami and stay the night and pay 429 (at moment) or wait for the flights to drop to that price for orlando, if they do! Both flights will be indirect.
Other family want to hold out.
Opinions please 😊

To be honest, it depends on the dates that you are travelling. If you are travelling off season, then I would hold out and see what comes up.

However, if peak season then £429 is a great price so grab it while you can!

Guest 13 Sep 17 04:33 PM

Its in peak season. Start of school hols (northants)

Jessika 13 Sep 17 04:34 PM

£429 is a good price for school summer hols, we often fly into Miami I would book at that price.

Moorlandman 13 Sep 17 04:36 PM

Miami is a fair trek out for 2 families. Remember to add fuel and tolls each way to total cost

You will be get able to get indirect flights to MCO for less than £500

NewtoOrlando 13 Sep 17 05:04 PM

We flew to Miami last August and we actually really enjoyed the drive, we stopped half way at vero beach and had lunch before setting off again. Took about 3.5 hours, we regularly drive to Plymouth from London which is 4 hours and the Miami drive was a much nicer drive! I think £429 is a decent price, I'd be happy to pay it, we really struggled to get anywhere near £500 for Orlando flights, unless we wanted indirect but we would rather drive that get on 2 planes!

RickT 13 Sep 17 07:23 PM

Price up Tampa airport as a compare also.

Mortimer Mouse 13 Sep 17 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melev (Post 12835143)
Its in peak season. Start of school hols (northants)

Where from and what dates?

Guest 13 Sep 17 09:18 PM

Thanks everyone.
Petrol and extras have been taken in to consideration. We're thinking of getting a bus. I think were heading for a national lampoons type holiday on a mega budget lol 😂😂😂
I think it was 20th- 4th August from manchester or Gatwick.
Ive been trying tampa but they are more expensive at the mo.