theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   FoP vs SR (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152588)

thingy003 13 Nov 19 03:20 PM

FoP vs SR

Full disclosure - I am a massive Star Wars fan. I guess being born in the 70s helped. I was properly hyped about getting to ride Smugglers Run on our recent visit and I had convinced myself that flying the Millenium Falcon would be the greatest experience ever.

As it turns out I was wrong. Riding on the back of a Banshee in Flight of Passage is without a doubt the greatest ride that I have ever been on. I dosed up on travel sickness tablets and adorned myself with accupressure bands and I loved every single second of it. I whooped and hollered like an excitable child. My only disappointments is that I only rode it the once.

I need to go back so that I can ride it again!

YLL 13 Nov 19 03:29 PM

100% agree, FOP is the best ride I've ever been on. I think Rise of the Resistance could challenge that when it opens soon though!

Guest 13 Nov 19 04:01 PM

Smugglers Run is definitely not a patch on FoP.

bighal 13 Nov 19 04:11 PM

You have to remember that Smugglers Run is not the feature attraction at Galaxy's Edge, Rise of the Resistance is.

SR will be to RotR as Navi is to FoP...the supporting act.

Guest 13 Nov 19 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bighal (Post 14170918)
You have to remember that Smugglers Run is not the feature attraction at Galaxy's Edge, Rise of the Resistance is.

SR will be to RotR as Navi is to FoP...the supporting act.

I prefer Na'vi River to SR too. :)

Andybear 13 Nov 19 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14170926)
I prefer Na'vi River to SR too. :)

I prefer Na'vi River to FOP. I really don't get the FOP hype. NR is beautiful.

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Nov 19 07:57 PM

We couldn’t be bothered to line up for Smugglers Run on Monday. The line was 100 mins which we won’t do ever

Instead we wandered around the themed area
Some nice themed bins I must say. Chewie patted my shoulder as well.
The rest of it reminded me of the mixing compound at Ready Mix Concrete Ltd. we were distinctly underwhelmed.

Ils 13 Nov 19 09:08 PM

I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?

YLL 13 Nov 19 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ils (Post 14171295)
I'm assuming every person that declares FOP as the best ride they have ever been on are the same type people you would never see on a major rollercoaster such as Mako, Montu or Hulk?

🙄 You know what they say about assuming?

I've been on Hulk, not on Mako or Montu. Been on all the rollercoasters in Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Coasters are great fun, but FOP was something else, completely different and for me 10 times more joyful and exhilarating than any coaster.

Guest 14 Nov 19 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ils (Post 14171295)

Why would you assume that? :confused2.