theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Liseberg(ers) & Chips (Oct 19) - Pre-Travel Day (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1159854)

HEMANCLOFTY 2 Feb 20 02:18 PM

Liseberg(ers) & Chips (Oct 19) - Pre-Travel Day

Liseberg(ers) and Chips (Oct 19)
Pre-Travel Day - Sun 27th Oct 19

The Index is here

As we head an early flight from Stanstead in the morning, we had booked the Premier Inn for tonight, and had pondered a few options for things to do one the way down.

We have Merlin Annual Passes, so could have done Thorpe Park or Chessington, but we didn’t really fancy driving the opposite direction around the M25. In the end, we decided to spend a few hours at Bicester Village, as we’d be passing it on our way down the M40.

I ended up having a really restless night’s sleep and was watching Netflix at 5:30am – Rich got up at 6:30am and I managed to doze off for an hour and got up at 7:30am.

I had breakfast, put on a final wash and cleaned the kitchen, whilst Rich popped out to the hairdressers and to pick up some rolls, pastries and snacky bits for later.

By 8:30am I’d made a start on the ironing and had done it all and packed by 10am. I cleaned the bathroom whilst my bath was running, then had the last few toiletries packed by 11am.

I had a couple of coffees to use up the milk, and we set off at 11:40am – our ETA for Bicester Village was 1:10pm – it was a lovely sunny day…

The 2 coffees soon caught up with me, so we stopped at Warwick services for me to use the loo, and then again at Cherwell Valley for Rich. Tom was hungry so he had a sausage roll from the snacks bag and I ate half of my pasty

The stops up our Bicester Village ETA to 1:30pm – we got there by then, but the parking situation was horrendous, with big queues for the main carpark (which was turning people away) and the park and ride too. We ended up parking at Tesco and walking over, eventually arriving at 2pm (Pic from Google)...

To say we were all underwhelmed with Bicester Village is an understatement – it was busy, with queues to even get inside a lot of shops and not really many shops that took our fancy. We briefly popped into Super Dry and maybe one or two more. I don’t think we’ll be rushing back any time soon and all said that we much preferred McArthur Glenn.

We popped into Maccy’s on the way back to the car to get 20 Nuggets for Tom and a Cappuccino for me ( £6.67), made some ham rolls for me an Rich and had a carpark picnic.

Tom quickly popped into Tesco to use the loo and we were back on the road by 3:30pm.

Another quick loo stop at South Mimms services, and we arrived at the Premier Inn Stanstead at 5:20pm – it was pay-on-arrival which we did at the self-service machine: £53 plus £8 parking (no breakfast).

The room was nice (standard Premier Inn) – we all chilled out for a bit – the boys were reading and I wrote up my trippy notes so far.

By 7pm we were all hungry, so walked over to Maccy D’s – large Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meals all around, with a cheeky extra Chicken Mayo for Rich (£17.74)...

NB - as this was only a Maccy's, we decided it didnt count as an official Liseberg(er)

We were back in the room by 7:45pm – I dried my hair as it was still wet from this morning and I also sorted my eyebrows out and Tom had a shower. We gave Mom a quick call and I added the last few hours to my trippy notes, before setting the alarm for 5am and 5:15am.

It was still early (8:10pm), so I read some Dibb trippies until 9:30pm and then fell asleep watching a Theme Park Worldwide Vlog,

Day 1: STN > GOT & Liseberg Part 1 is here