theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   October 2019 - The Unexpected one! Pre Travel Day! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182145)

NewtoOrlando 21 Oct 20 09:38 PM

October 2019 - The Unexpected one! Pre Travel Day!

Pre travel day!

We pottered about the house getting the last bits of packing done, Craig and Joey went for haircuts while Katie had a bath and sorted herself out, packing the last bits of her hand luggage up. I had packed all our travel day clothes in one of our hand luggage cases, so we didn’t have to rifle through the cases the next morning before our flight! This was the first time we have ever stayed at a hotel overnight before a flight, so it all felt very weird to be at home and rushing to get down the motorway to Gatwick! We live right by Heathrow, so flying from Gatwick isn’t something we do very often! We were ready to leave at 3pm, my dad was taking us as we were flying into Heathrow on our return so didn’t need to pay to park the car, bonus! Hardly any traffic, but the weather was awful, took my poor old dad twice as long to get back as it did to get there as the weather slowed the traffic right down.

We checked in, took the cases up to the room. I had booked a family compact room with bunkbeds, you would think the kids had never slept in bunkbeds before with how excited they were for them!

We then went for a stroll over to the terminal and went for the obligatory pre travel day Wetherspoons (This is a bit of a tradition for us, classy haha!) Food was good as usual, the beer was even better, but quite possibly the most expensive Wetherspoons we have ever had! Came to £68!

This is what happens when your kids start eating adult sized meals! We finished our food and popped into WH Smiths and M&S for some snacks, went to costa to get a hot chocolate and headed back to the room to read and just relax. Work had been so busy for the pair of us over the last few months, neither of us had any time off other than when Craigs mum passed away & when I was in hospital,so it was so nice to know we were about to have 13 days of non stop family time. The kids settled in their beds with their ipads, Craig was on his phone, and we were watching the celebrity X Factor, total rubbish but we had an early night and were all asleep by 10pm!

Taffy1959 22 Oct 20 08:23 AM

Great Pre-Travel day
I remember when our children started having adult portions it was quite a shock 😵

mick 22 Oct 20 03:35 PM

Great pre travel day :spin:

Joan :wave:

WIGGYSMUM 22 Oct 20 06:45 PM

Ooh a new trip report :spin:
Looking forward to travel day !

Loobylou_82 24 Oct 20 10:37 PM

Following along. Love a trip report.

NewtoOrlando 2 Nov 20 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 (Post 14688755)
Great Pre-Travel day
I remember when our children started having adult portions it was quite a shock 😵

Isn't it? even a Mcdonalds costs us over £30 now! Pesky kids! Thank you for reading!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 14689250)
Great pre travel day :spin:

Joan :wave:

Thanks for reading, Joan! It was very relaxed which isn't normal for us, we're normally very last minute!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM (Post 14689498)
Ooh a new trip report :spin:
Looking forward to travel day !

Thank you for having a read!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 (Post 14692271)
Following along. Love a trip report.

So do I, just have to try and finish this one haha. Thank you!