theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Favourite Disney Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129344)

Louck 19 May 19 02:51 PM

Favourite Disney Restaurants

We have a while before we go or even really need to think about ADR’s but starting to think about must do restaurants!

We are staying in Beach Club for two weeks with DDP but will prob only be in the Disney parks for maybe 7/8 days so we will have plenty of credits to eat where we want so I was wondering...

If you could eat anywhere on property where would you go and why?

What’s your favourite meal/restaurant been?

What snacks are a must try?

There are so many options I’m interested to see what everyone’s preferences are!

captbnut 19 May 19 04:39 PM

Teppan Edo in Epcot was our favourite meal.

Trail's End buffet at Wilderness Lodge campsite was also very good.

Homecomin' in Disney Springs was really good as well.

The character meals we had (breakfast/ brunch) in 1900 Park Fayre, Tusker House and Chef Mickey's were all great experiences rather than being great food. I'd happily go back if on DDP.

For QS - we somehow missed Flame Tree (AK). Looking forward to there, D-Luxe Burger and Polite Pig especially this summer as we'll be on the QSDP instead.

Snacks - we enjoyed funnel cakes in HS, really want to try Cinnamon Roll in MK. Ice cream cookie sandwich from the corner of Main Street.

sunshines 19 May 19 04:59 PM

When going with my boys -- non-character buffets/family style. The boys prefer no characters. Older one has an endless appetite and younger one is picky (appreciates variety of choice at a buffet).

When going with my girls -- restaurants that feature vegetables, as they (and I) have adventurous tastes and enjoy our veggies.

When going altogether as a family -- a themed restaurant for the fun or QS (table service plus tips for all of us quickly adds up) to save time and money.

Snacks -- dole whip and any ice creams (Mickey, sundaes, etc) because we all love an ice cream

HappyThoughts 19 May 19 07:38 PM

Favourite TS restaurants:
Trex
Park Fare
CRT
Ohana’s
Tuskers

Favourite QS restaurants:
Flame Tree BBQ
Earl of Sandwich
Cosmic Rays
Backlot Express

Favourite snacks:
Fries with pulled pork & cheese
Dole whip
Mickey pretzel

THE WIZARD 19 May 19 08:22 PM

Yak & Yeti in Ak always our first booking & for at least two meals. Great food & always get a window table upstairs to people watch.
Boma at AKL it's a buffet great choices n great atmosphere.
50's Prime Time, love the meat loaf & love joining in with the silliness of it all, love getting DH in trouble if he doesnt finish his meal - all good fun
Tuskers for breakfast n characters interaction
Snacks - large Salted Caramel Frappuccino's at Starbucks

BigPetesWife 19 May 19 08:54 PM

As you will have spare credits, I would definitely recommend doing some of the signature restaurants. California Grill is always a favourite. I've also seen good things written about Flying Fish, which is also close to Beach Club at the Boardwalk.

Wigan Lass 19 May 19 09:14 PM

California Grill brunch has been my favourite meal ever on property.
Dinner there is good too.

Staying at beach club means my favourite character breakfast is easily accessible to you too. Cape May Cafe. So good.

We liked dinner at 1900 Park Fare, Ohana and Sci Fi Diner too

Hollywood brown Derby Fantasmic package is another must do

Louck 20 May 19 09:12 PM

Thanks for the replies!

It’s interesting, some we have done and loved and others we have done and wouldn’t do again! Guess everyone has a different experience!

I loved O’hana breakfast, that was the best we had.
Teppan Udo was another great meal.

We went to Cali Grill on my birthday and it was just okay... if I had been paying OOP I would have been less impressed!

I just feel like we didn’t get the best use of our credits last time so would be good to try use up more this time rather than trying so spend 9 QS and 28 snack credits in Goofys Candy on the last day 🙈😂

Belle1989 23 May 19 09:21 AM

Our favorite restaurant is La Hacienda in Epcot! Really looking forward to going back.
For character meals Chef Mickey's was the best for experience but the food wasn't super memorable. We also like Crystal Palace.

bex0309 23 May 19 12:55 PM

We love and always try to visit the below each trip:

Beaches and Cream (TS)
Tusker House (TS)
Yak and Yeti (TS)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS)
Narcoossee's (Signature)
Prime Time Cafe (TS)
Capt. Cook's (QS)
The Mara (QS)
Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe (snacks)

My dh is a picky vegetarian and these are good for both him and me :grin: