theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   General chat, as we knew it (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1168981)

Mrs Red C 12 Jul 20 07:05 PM

Yes, we're lucky that most of the people in the Close are pretty good. Very helpful to each other with shopping during lockdown. We got together for tea and cake (within the rules) every Sat for a chat etc.
Have to say the new potatoes and runner beans were delicious tonight 😁

DisneyDaffodil 12 Jul 20 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C (Post 14573862)
Yes, we're lucky that most of the people in the Close are pretty good. Very helpful to each other with shopping during lockdown. We got together for tea and cake (within the rules) every Sat for a chat etc.
Have to say the new potatoes and runner beans were delicious tonight 😁

Some of the nicest stories coming out of this terrible time show a community spirit with neighbours getting together (safely) and helping each other. I hope that continues after this is all over.

Our kale and carrots were delicious too, sweet tasty carrots and the kale was full of flavour and not at all tough (which kale can be sometimes)

Loopylooloo 12 Jul 20 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLH (Post 14566458)
can I just say thanks to Looplooloo and others who recommend I try menopace on a thread I started - it has worked so well -my hot flushes have stopped almost completely and it hasn't even been a month of using them yet. The only issue I still have is that I still feel like I have been run over when I get up first thing but going to try a new mattress too, incase its not hormonal related :grin:

Great news! So pleased that this helped, I missed a few days and really notcied my flushes came back with a vengeance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 14568810)
Since menopause my emotions have been really high. I cry at everything and nothing at all, adverts make me cry 😢 My anxiety levels are the same, I stress over the silliest things and build it up out of all proportion. DH has no idea what’s going on, and says the same as your boys If only it were that simple 😔

Me too! I seem to cry every day over something, glad its not just me. I have been all over the place lately. Thanks for your kind comments, but I actually find most dibbers are lovely, I have had some really nice messages recently, which blew me away. (Yours included) your garden veg looks amazing by the way!

Loopylooloo 12 Jul 20 10:05 PM

Day OUT!

Today we went for a proper day out, to a place on our doorstep, Helmingham Hall, the gardens were just amazing, like something out of alice in wonderland! here are a few pics I took - it was great for my mental health, just what I needed after a miserable wet week. If you are interested in the history of the house link here - it was only £7 to enter, and we even got an ice cream. I felt very safe, and it was well organised.
https://www.helmingham.com/history/the-family/

DisneyDaffodil 12 Jul 20 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 14574069)
Great news! So pleased that this helped, I missed a few days and really notcied my flushes came back with a vengeance.

Me too! I seem to cry every day over something, glad its not just me. I have been all over the place lately. Thanks for your kind comments, but I actually find most dibbers are lovely, I have had some really nice messages recently, which blew me away. (Yours included) your garden veg looks amazing by the way!

There are a lot of really good people on here, I agree that I’ve had a lot of support and made many friends through the Dibb too xx

I’m not surprised that you’ve been down lately, I really hope things pick up for you soon 💕 Hormones don’t help either 😢

DisneyDaffodil 12 Jul 20 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 14574073)
Today we went for a proper day out, to a place on our doorstep, Helmingham Hall, the gardens were just amazing, like something out of alice in wonderland! here are a few pics I took - it was great for my mental health, just what I needed after a miserable wet week. If you are interested in the history of the house link here - it was only £7 to enter, and we even got an ice cream. I felt very safe, and it was well organised.
https://www.helmingham.com/history/the-family/

What a beautiful place, looks so peaceful. I love visiting gardens and NT properties.

My DH is on annual leave in a couple of weeks time (we should have been in Athens 😢 ) and we are planning to go to a few gardens and quiet areas for day trips. I’ve not been out much so I’m nervous about going out again but it will be good for my mental health to have a change of scenery and fresh air 😀

Gryff 12 Jul 20 10:26 PM

I’d say we actually had a normal Sunday DH at the golf by 6 am back in and my tea toast and the only paper we buy now
Out with the dogs on a friends dog walk park individual /family walks
My guilty wireless secret the archers while I prepared Sunday dinner
Pottering about in the garden then 8 of us for Sunday dinner round the table
And waging war on our annual ant invasion by the front door

DisneyDaffodil 12 Jul 20 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 14574094)
I’d say we actually had a normal Sunday DH at the golf by 6 am back in and my tea toast and the only paper we buy now
Out with the dogs on a friends dog walk park individual /family walks
My guilty wireless secret the archers while I prepared Sunday dinner
Pottering about in the garden then 8 of us for Sunday dinner round the table
And waging war on our annual ant invasion by the front door

Sounds a lovely day, apart from the ant invasion 😀

Gryff 12 Jul 20 10:47 PM

it was the ants are just a thing we don’t get them in the house just by the front door for some reason and ant powder seems to keep them at bay although I do change brand frequently
Only down side I’d forgotten how much potatoes and veg I needed to peel for 8 and the dishes good job I’ve got 2 dishwashers and the other family dogs meeting there newest pack member poor Gracie was a bit overwhelmed but she has to get used to it or be happy;to go to her crate for peace she actually was really good accepting her place in the family dog pack

DisneyDaffodil 12 Jul 20 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 14574117)
it was the ants are just a thing we don’t get them in the house just by the front door for some reason and ant powder seems to keep them at bay although I do change brand frequently
Only down side I’d forgotten how much potatoes and veg I needed to peel for 8 and the dishes good job I’ve got 2 dishwashers and the other family dogs meeting there newest pack member poor Gracie was a bit overwhelmed but she has to get used to it or be happy;to go to her crate for peace she actually was really good accepting her place in the family dog pack

Strangely, we have the same with ants in the late summer. They invade our patio area but thankfully don’t come into the house.

That’s the only downside to a good family meal, all the veg prep and washing up. We don’t have a dishwasher so our family get togethers cause a lot of hard work. It’s always worth it to see the family though 😀