theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good Price in August from Man to MCO (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1189719)

asmidir 26 Feb 21 01:36 AM

Good Price in August from Man to MCO

Ok, so we still might not be able to go but couldn't resist posting this:

Early August indirect via DUB (so you clear immigration in Dublin)
from £380
(example 3rd to 17th Aug) - but some other dates
Includes 23kg checked bag
Advanced Seat Selection
And voucher if you choose not to fly

Found on Skyscanner

YorkshireT 26 Feb 21 09:02 AM

That’s a brilliant price. If I didn’t have bookings this year with the potential of vouchers for this I’d be tempted. However my wife has often ruled against me on this route due to the long wait In Dublin coming back. Rumour is they’ll also have a direct MAN to MCO flight but it won’t be these prices.

jim jehosofat 26 Feb 21 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmidir (Post 14855975)
Ok, so we still might not be able to go but couldn't resist posting this:

Early August indirect via DUB (so you clear immigration in Dublin)
from £380
(example 3rd to 17th Aug) - but some other dates
Includes 23kg checked bag
Advanced Seat Selection
And voucher if you choose not to fly

Found on Skyscanner

Is this booking direct with the airline or an on line travel agency? Many a time I've found a decent price through Skyscanner, only to find out it meant booking with a dodgy on line agency or the price didn't actually exist, or worse still, both!

asmidir 26 Feb 21 04:19 PM

Both
If you check on Skyscanner you can see a link to buy on Aer Lingus's site directly

Fraggle35 26 Feb 21 11:33 PM

Just checked and for us flying 10th to 28th August it's £590 each... not bad with decent flight times too.

deek72 28 Feb 21 10:57 AM

My Lufthansa flights for 21 August moved by 3 hours, meaning a 5 hour wait in Frankfurt. I cancelled and booked these instead, worked out £405 PP, so saved £800 as well (11 passengers) :grin:

Lea1992 28 Feb 21 11:26 AM

Just had a look as our Lufthansa flights got moved by 24 hours so we have cancelled for a refund.

Does anyone know how long to allow for connecting in Dublin?

Also I know no one really knows what is happening but if say:
US & UK had a travel corridor.
But then US & Ireland didn't.
Does anyone know where we would stand?

Thank you.

deek72 28 Feb 21 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lea1992 (Post 14858927)
Just had a look as our Lufthansa flights got moved by 24 hours so we have cancelled for a refund.

Does anyone know how long to allow for connecting in Dublin?

Also I know no one really knows what is happening but if say:
US & UK had a travel corridor.
But then US & Ireland didn't.
Does anyone know where we would stand?

Thank you.

I think if you search for flights then they only present you with connecting flights that have sufficient time, don't they?

I've been thinking about your scenario and it's making my head hurt :grin:

I was thinking that if you don't leave the confines of the airport in a 'red zone' connecting airport, that your origin airport only might be the relevant one, and I did find this, relating to entry restrictions into Germany:

'Persons on connecting flights, who do not leave the transit zone of an international airport' are amongst a list of exclusions from the restrictions.

Having said that, we can only speculate as a country's entry restrictions are liable to change at any time according to the situation.

YorkshireT 28 Feb 21 01:10 PM

One thing I’d heard that unlike BA, AL was really bad on refunds- is this true?

Lea1992 28 Feb 21 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deek72 (Post 14859105)
I think if you search for flights then they only present you with connecting flights that have sufficient time, don't they?

I've been thinking about your scenario and it's making my head hurt :grin:

I was thinking that if you don't leave the confines of the airport in a 'red zone' connecting airport, that your origin airport only might be the relevant one, and I did find this, relating to entry restrictions into Germany:

'Persons on connecting flights, who do not leave the transit zone of an international airport' are amongst a list of exclusions from the restrictions.

Having said that, we can only speculate as a country's entry restrictions are liable to change at any time according to the situation.

Thank you for your reply.

I know what you mean about making your head heart 😂

My husband thought the same that if we didn't leave the airport have we technically been in a red zone country.

We had found a decent price for a BA flydrive into Miami, but it would be my first time driving in a different country so was unsure about the drive.

We can the AL flights for under 500 each with bags and seat selection the only thing holding me back from booking is going through Dublin!