theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   DCL 2017 Westbound Transatlantic Highs & Lows (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057367)

Guest 8 Dec 17 12:26 AM

DCL 2017 Westbound Transatlantic Highs & Lows

Hello, all! :wavey:

We had our first Disney Cruise as part of a longer holiday - should anyone want to read the Highs, Lows & General Chatter...it's HERE.

Thanks to those of you who gave us advice before our first sailing - and especial thanks to Sarah & Gill/Peter for the additions to DS' postcard collection!

Bats 11 Dec 17 11:55 AM

A great read, very funny!
:):d:

Guest 11 Dec 17 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bats (Post 12974239)
A great read, very funny!
:):d:

Many thanks. I have replied "properly" over in the linked thread. :)

HiddenMickey35 15 Dec 17 01:06 AM

Love it ...:d::d::d:

Scottishwee35

Guest 15 Dec 17 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishwee35 (Post 12977886)
Love it ...:d::d::d:

Scottishwee35

Many thanks. Pop back in for the rest of the holiday (no pressure ;)) if you dig bad selfies and worse jokes!

gismo1554 20 Dec 17 02:29 PM

I love that my postcard made your highlights! Annoyingly my local library reopened while I was away and I spotted a wonderful postcard of this bridge I could have used instead of the print lol

Guest 20 Dec 17 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gismo1554 (Post 12983030)
I love that my postcard made your highlights! Annoyingly my local library reopened while I was away and I spotted a wonderful postcard of this bridge I could have used instead of the print lol

I'm so glad you stopped in, Sarah. :wavey: I didn't want to creep you out by sending you a PM...but DS was just so happy with his postcards...I wanted you to know. Just last night he was showing them all to me - and complaining about "that family - with TWO CHILDREN! - who didn't give their postcards out". I had to laugh. :D

gismo1554 21 Dec 17 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherLass (Post 12983446)
I'm so glad you stopped in, Sarah. :wavey: I didn't want to creep you out by sending you a PM...but DS was just so happy with his postcards...I wanted you to know. Just last night he was showing them all to me - and complaining about "that family - with TWO CHILDREN! - who didn't give their postcards out". I had to laugh. :D

I love it! Postcards were one of my highs too as I love seeing all the different ones. I'm planning on scrapbooking them in the New Year so at the moment they are piled up in my living room and every now on then I go through them to have a look.

Guest 21 Dec 17 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gismo1554 (Post 12983778)
I love it! Postcards were one of my highs too as I love seeing all the different ones. I'm planning on scrapbooking them in the New Year so at the moment they are piled up in my living room and every now on then I go through them to have a look.

DS has a weird thing about not scrapbooking his postcards - he keeps them all in a wooden box and occasionally makes me take a trip down memory lane with him.

We found a couple of DCL photo albums at the Disney outlet ($5!) - but I have been informed that they most certainly CANNOT be used for postcards. :rolleyes:

gismo1554 22 Dec 17 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherLass (Post 12983869)
DS has a weird thing about not scrapbooking his postcards - he keeps them all in a wooden box and occasionally makes me take a trip down memory lane with him.

We found a couple of DCL photo albums at the Disney outlet ($5!) - but I have been informed that they most certainly CANNOT be used for postcards. :rolleyes:

I used to be like that but then the box ran out of space and I started scrapbooking - putting a little sticker on the front with the name of the person who sent it so I don't loose that info from the back of the card. Makes a nice addition to my scrapbook pages and means I don't get all my different trips mixed up.