theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hagrid's motorbike adventure (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133510)

wdwlife 18 Jun 19 07:53 AM

Hagrid's motorbike adventure

Only going to be open from midday for a few weeks whilst they iron out some issues. Rumour has it that the wheels or rubber on the wheels aren't holding out for as long as they thought, meaning they are needing replaced quicker.

No more 4am rises for those of you out there!

RickT 18 Jun 19 08:17 AM

The other reason is due to the lack of maintenance time between opening hours.

Rumour as it is due to people all joining the queue before park close which is resulting guests not leaving the park until 4 hours plus after the park officially closed leaving limited time for all the required inspection and initial shakedown problems.

Grace_1412 18 Jun 19 08:42 AM

I am staying in Universal at the end of July. I think I might be leaving this untol the next trip. I am not using the best part of a days holiday for one ride.

gjdjud 18 Jun 19 08:55 AM

They give this a name at Universal. Technical Rehearsal. They tend to do this with rides when it first opens. It’s understandable with a new ride as they try understand how a ride comes to grips with the amount if use. Annoying though for people there wanting to ride though.;)

RickT 18 Jun 19 09:10 AM

lovewdw 18 Jun 19 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 13908044)
They give this a name at Universal. Technical Rehearsal. They tend to do this with rides when it first opens. It’s understandable with a new ride as they try understand how a ride comes to grips with the amount if use. Annoying though for people there wanting to ride though.;)

No that's what they should have done (also known as soft opening).
Unfortunately, they didn't do that, just fully opened with a grand opening ceremony.

gjdjud 18 Jun 19 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovewdw (Post 13908526)
No that's what they should have done (also known as soft opening).
Unfortunately, they didn't do that, just fully opened with a grand opening ceremony.

They did this with King Kong and Fast and Furious.

jewels1207 18 Jun 19 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 13908638)
They did this with King Kong and Fast and Furious.

They shouldn't have bothered opening Fast and Furious at all!

Bellasmummy 18 Jun 19 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickT (Post 13907995)
The other reason is due to the lack of maintenance time between opening hours.

Rumour as it is due to people all joining the queue before park close which is resulting guests not leaving the park until 4 hours plus after the park officially closed leaving limited time for all the required inspection and initial shakedown problems.

I wonder if it works better for them to do this so people are riding in the dark and then they can do maintenance etc in daylight in the morning with the delayed start.

florida_2012 18 Jun 19 06:38 PM

Is the virtual queue in operation?