theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Opinions on princess cruises (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141431)

flumpsmum 14 Aug 19 04:53 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies x

flumpsmum 14 Aug 19 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynU (Post 14014887)
I’ve never sailed anything other than DCL but I’m booked on a Princess Cruise on the 7th September. If you can wait that long I’ll report back.

Thank you, that would be great x

Omega1 14 Aug 19 05:08 PM

SquishtheWhale’s review is excellent but the only difference to our experience is that we haven’t found the food so variable. The thing to remember is that if you order something that isn’t to your liking don’t hesitate to order another dish or even two things if you can’t make your mind up!

SquishTheWhale 14 Aug 19 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 14015128)
SquishtheWhale’s review is excellent but the only difference to our experience is that we haven’t found the food so variable. The thing to remember is that if you order something that isn’t to your liking don’t hesitate to order another dish or even two things if you can’t make your mind up!

And if you find something you like order 3 more of it 😁

The weird food inconsistencies was probably unique to my cruise, maybe there was one really good head chef and one rubbish one!

Omega1 14 Aug 19 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale (Post 14015887)
And if you find something you like order 3 more of it 😁

The weird food inconsistencies was probably unique to my cruise, maybe there was one really good head chef and one rubbish one!

That’s the beauty of cruising, the dining arrangements are so flexible and nothing is too much trouble. We did a P&O cruise in June and thought the waiters were a little bit surly compared with Princess, nothing drastic but just not giving 110% like we’re used to.

flumpsmum 15 Aug 19 11:53 AM

Thanks for all your replies, we have gone ahead & booked!
X

katiec68 15 Aug 19 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 14015900)
That’s the beauty of cruising, the dining arrangements are so flexible and nothing is too much trouble. We did a P&O cruise in June and thought the waiters were a little bit surly compared with Princess, nothing drastic but just not giving 110% like we’re used to.

We had the same on our Britannia cruise :erm::erm::erm:

We had to ask 3 times for water in the MDR and separately when we asked for a taster portion of a main to come as a starter we were told NO!

Omega1 15 Aug 19 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiec68 (Post 14016701)
We had the same on our Britannia cruise :erm::erm::erm:

We had to ask 3 times for water in the MDR and separately when we asked for a taster portion of a main to come as a starter we were told NO!

I imagine you put him/her right!😂😂

katiec68 15 Aug 19 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 14016812)
I imagine you put him/her right!😂😂

I most certainly did - to his back as he walked away :pgig::pgig: