theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Virgin flight time changed (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149196)

minimum77 12 Oct 19 12:04 PM

Ours have changed from Glasgow in May although there is only 1 flight so no idea why. Its now nearly 3 hours later I think.

Andybear 12 Oct 19 07:11 PM

It happened to me last year. When I booked my Virgin flights only the later ones were available to book in both directions so I booked them. Then about 4 months before I was due to go I found out on here that I'd been put on the earlier ones! I say I found out about it on here because Virgin didn't bother letting me know. Someone on the same flights posted about it on here, I checked my booking and sure enough I'd been changed. In making a dummy booking then only the earlier ones were available to book, not the later ones.

pinkstargirl 13 Oct 19 01:18 AM

Had an email from Virgin this afternoon informing me that my outbound flight has changed again. It started off at 09:40 (I think) then went to 10:10 and now 11:10. Very frustrating to lose some time!

MillyMoo 13 Oct 19 07:58 AM

Our flights have changed aswell, both to and from. Not much we can do about it but I was much happier having an earlier flight!
Just checked our seats and we still have the same ones, that plane looks pretty full though! 🙈

Crackerx 13 Oct 19 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl (Post 14123483)
Had an email from Virgin this afternoon informing me that my outbound flight has changed again. It started off at 09:40 (I think) then went to 10:10 and now 11:10. Very frustrating to lose some time!

You must be on the same flight as us itís really frustrating especially as we had plans that first evening never arrived that late before not happy but nothing we can do.

pinkstargirl 13 Oct 19 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerx (Post 14123708)
You must be on the same flight as us itís really frustrating especially as we had plans that first evening never arrived that late before not happy but nothing we can do.

I'm flying out in 22 days, so not the same flight but seems they've changed a whole bunch then... As a previous poster said it must be a seasonal change. Still frustrating, especially if you've made plans for your first evening.

Posiesmum 13 Oct 19 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loola30 (Post 14122244)
Were there previously two flights on that day? Just wondering if they've combined the VS27 and VS15?

Yes, we fly on 10/12 and itís happened to us too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by megaflyer (Post 14122420)
Your requested seats may well have been moved - need to keep checking MMB

When it was first done (yesterday) the seat choice bit was not available. I assume they were in the process of amalgamating them.

This morning the choice was again available (although the flight is still shown as VS27) and we seem to have kept our chosen PE seats.

Iím not too bothered, as others have said we tend to write off the travel day.

The only oddity is that our return, VS16 is shown as departing at the same time as originally but arriving 25 minutes later.

sophiepop 13 Oct 19 10:46 AM

What happens with the price? We have booked an early flight with virgin and it cost more to do this, so if our flight was merged with the later flight would they refund the difference? :wave:

megaflyer 13 Oct 19 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiepop (Post 14123820)
What happens with the price? We have booked an early flight with virgin and it cost more to do this, so if our flight was merged with the later flight would they refund the difference? :wave:

Nope - you pay the price and take the chance. if the fares or flights change then you wonít get the difference back or indeed be expected to pay more

Only if the change is major so do get the choice of accepting the change or a full refund - nothing in between

Cha cha 13 Oct 19 03:23 PM

Our Virgin outbound flight 3 hours later too.
It hasnít merged itís just been changed to depart 3 hours later.
Such a shame to lose those 3 hours on the first day, wonít be able to get to HS on our first day as weíd planned now 🙁