theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Virgin flight time changed (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149196)

Guest 13 Oct 19 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimum77 (Post 14122442)
Ours have changed from Glasgow in May although there is only 1 flight so no idea why. Its now nearly 3 hours later I think.

Same here, and it looks like we’re on different dates. At least our return is also 3 hours later so we’re not losing time overall. It will probably work out better for us because we won’t need to be up at 4am!

minimum77 13 Oct 19 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollie04 (Post 14124346)
Same here, and it looks like we’re on different dates. At least our return is also 3 hours later so we’re not losing time overall. It will probably work out better for us because we won’t need to be up at 4am!

Yes our return is later too. We will have more time to get something to eat before leaving Glasgow as I don't fancy any of the meals on plane. Hopefully the menu will change, I wish we could choose our dinner like you can with jet2

sophiepop 13 Oct 19 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megaflyer (Post 14123836)
Nope - you pay the price and take the chance. if the fares or flights change then you won’t get the difference back or indeed be expected to pay more

Only if the change is major so do get the choice of accepting the change or a full refund - nothing in between

The difference at the moment between the 2 times for us is about £1100.00.

I understand that it is not good to send a flight out only half full but when someone has chosen a flight and the price difference is this much then I thought they would’ve giv n you the difference back.

Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen :D

MinniMouse 13 Oct 19 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorlandman (Post 14122260)
Virgin do this all the time especially outside of peak season. Too little demand for 2 flights

Not even just out of season. We booked direct flights with Virgin in July. They pulled the only flight that day (Thursday) and put us on a Friday flight! Lost a full day/night!

Guest 13 Oct 19 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimum77 (Post 14124367)
Yes our return is later too. We will have more time to get something to eat before leaving Glasgow as I don't fancy any of the meals on plane. Hopefully the menu will change, I wish we could choose our dinner like you can with jet2

That’s a good point, hopefully I can do an early lunch for my allergy kid and avoid the drama of unsuitable plane food.

pinkstargirl 21 Oct 19 11:06 AM

Just bringing this back with a question... VA have now changed my return flight as well, and I am now due to land at LGW at 9.25am instead of 7.10am.
The problem is, my car park (Purple Parking) is only booked until 9.30am! Has anyone experienced an issue with returning to this car park later than stated but the same day? I did try to call them but it just rang and rang!

megaflyer 21 Oct 19 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl (Post 14137131)
Just bringing this back with a question... VA have now changed my return flight as well, and I am now due to land at LGW at 9.25am instead of 7.10am.
The problem is, my car park (Purple Parking) is only booked until 9.30am! Has anyone experienced an issue with returning to this car park later than stated but the same day? I did try to call them but it just rang and rang!

Send them an email with the flight change

They will be used to this happening all the time but tell them in an email so you have proof