theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin MCO Flights Cancelled until 6th Oct (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1176791)

MissCellaneous 16 Jul 20 09:03 AM

Virgin MCO Flights Cancelled until 6th Oct

Just because I've seen a few replies around this but no thread:

https://twitter.com/VirginAtlantic/s...437654016?s=19

Confirmed delayed until 6th Oct from Heathrow & Manchester I believe. Mine are literally *right* after that...

Rebecca_ 16 Jul 20 09:53 AM

I sent them a message on WhatsApp and received this reply this morning

We have cancelled all MCO flights up until 6th October. An email has been generated this morning so it may not have reached you yet.

My flight status is still showing as active and I haven't received an email. I booked through a third party website though so not sure if that has something to do with it.

Princess104 16 Jul 20 10:03 AM

On Facebook someone's been in contact with Virgin and apparently all flights till 31 October have now been cancelled. Have Whatsapp Virgin to see if this is right. Have phoned Kenwood who we are booked through and they are still saying only till the end of August.:( Hopefully our flight on the 20th October is cancelled fed up of the waiting game now.

Moorlandman 16 Jul 20 10:17 AM

I can't see Virgin flying from Manchester until at least next spring. They barely make any money in the off-peak season in a normal year!

kadiekaismummi 16 Jul 20 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess104 (Post 14578810)
On Facebook someone's been in contact with Virgin and apparently all flights till 31 October have now been cancelled. Have Whatsapp Virgin to see if this is right. Have phoned Kenwood who we are booked through and they are still saying only till the end of August.:( Hopefully our flight on the 20th October is cancelled fed up of the waiting game now.

What group on facebook was this please? Ive been trying to find it, but cant see it anywhere, its all just a big waiting game for us all! Just wish I knew one way or another cant get no joy of WhatsApp either, xx we are all left in limbo! We are booked for 24th oct, haven’t planned anything for months now! 😢 hope they cancel, the thought of wearing masks, no fireworks, no Mickey cuddles! 😭. Doesn’t sound like the holiday I booked xx

Princess104 16 Jul 20 12:12 PM

It was on Orlando Guide for Brits - original post was Kay Hannell, but it's in the comments about the flights this is the text I have copied from the post replies.

Kelly, we are due to go on 1st, Virgin have cancelled up to 31st October and then November will inevitably follow, we are gutted.

Claire Pearson
Claire Pearson Paul Razey thought Virgin had only cancelled till end of September we are due to go 20th October not heard anything but hope it is cancelled.

Paul Razey
Paul Razey Claire Pearson I spoke to them via email, they confirmed Oct 31st, I guess they will notify in stages rather than be inundated
Hide or report this

Claire Pearson Paul Razey thank you

Claire Pearson
Claire Pearson Have just spoken to Kenwood travel who we booked through they are still saying only cancelled till end of August which is apparently what Virgin are telling them😡 fingers crossed will hear in next few weeks.

Donna Matthews Claire Pearson Virgin have said you can cancel up to 31st October without penalty. They have just pushed back their resumption of flights to MCO from 6th October

Hope this helps, just fed up of the waiting game will it won't it be cancelled. I will wait and let you know what reply I get from Virgin in the near future.

kadiekaismummi 16 Jul 20 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess104 (Post 14578982)
It was on Orlando Guide for Brits - original post was Kay Hannell, but it's in the comments about the flights this is the text I have copied from the post replies.

Kelly, we are due to go on 1st, Virgin have cancelled up to 31st October and then November will inevitably follow, we are gutted.

Claire Pearson
Claire Pearson Paul Razey thought Virgin had only cancelled till end of September we are due to go 20th October not heard anything but hope it is cancelled.

Paul Razey
Paul Razey Claire Pearson I spoke to them via email, they confirmed Oct 31st, I guess they will notify in stages rather than be inundated
Hide or report this

Claire Pearson Paul Razey thank you

Claire Pearson
Claire Pearson Have just spoken to Kenwood travel who we booked through they are still saying only cancelled till end of August which is apparently what Virgin are telling them😡 fingers crossed will hear in next few weeks.

Donna Matthews Claire Pearson Virgin have said you can cancel up to 31st October without penalty. They have just pushed back their resumption of flights to MCO from 6th October

Hope this helps, just fed up of the waiting game will it won't it be cancelled. I will wait and let you know what reply I get from Virgin in the near future.

Thank you so much for taking your time to posting the replies! Very interesting! Just wish Virgin would send an email regarding this to everyone it affects xx. I know this sounds awful With everything else going on around the world, but this holidays is constantly on my mind & my families, I should imagine our holidays are on all our minds! even though I gave up on it months ago! But I also can’t afford to waste our deposits, so just waiting & hoping that Virgin cancel Before the remainder of money is taken beginning of Aug xx.

Chrissie H 16 Jul 20 12:52 PM

Do you know when this was announced? We cancelled our Virgin Holidays booking last night, expecting to loose our deposit. We were due to fly October 8th, so wondered if we might sneak in for a refund.

Disney Bear 16 Jul 20 12:57 PM

I believe the announcement yesterday only went up to 6th October. Today it has extended to end of October so don’t believe you will be able to sneak a refund - sorry.

Princess104 16 Jul 20 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi (Post 14579043)
Thank you so much for taking your time to posting the replies! Very interesting! Just wish Virgin would send an email regarding this to everyone it affects xx. I know this sounds awful With everything else going on around the world, but this holidays is constantly on my mind & my families, I should imagine our holidays are on all our minds! even though I gave up on it months ago! But I also can’t afford to waste our deposits, so just waiting & hoping that Virgin cancel Before the remainder of money is taken beginning of Aug xx.

Your welcome, I know when we changed from March to October never thought we'd be going through this. You are constantly hoping that it's cancelled sooner rather than later so can make other plans for even a UK break. Unfortunately we have paid in full so really need it to be cancelled or else we lose £4000 so fingers crossed Virgin post something soon.