theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Honest opinion on April 2021 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180630)

tspill 26 Sep 20 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyDriver (Post 14660216)
Well I'm sorry if you think I insulted anybody but I disagree. I see some aggressive posters saying things like "Why do people not think this way, it's about this and that". Am I meant to take somebody seriously who states, not in jest, that Joe Biden will win the US election?

The post you responded to mentioned none of these things.
You and many others seem to delight in putting others down who are more cautious that you.
Can you not accept others differ in their opinions?

And regarding your last point - is a Joe Biden win not the current prediction in many publications?
Again, another group with a different opinion that you wish to insult.

KarenG 26 Sep 20 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 14660230)
I don't get the "will have to see after the election" quotes.

Will the virus vanish into thin air after the election?

Back to the original question, my opinion is early spring.

The way the virus is tackled is sure to be impacted by who wins the election. The way itís tackled will then impact how much of an issue it is (Iím not saying it goes away obviously!)

Nostradamus 26 Sep 20 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bal (Post 14660234)
Fair point. Topic drift. Sorry. My point was Biden getting elected will change the nature of the response.

Sorry wasn't aiming at you. I just see posts on other websites regarding the possibilities of travelling to the USA with the election mentioned.

princessnicki 29 Sep 20 10:18 AM

I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it :(

Gelatoni 29 Sep 20 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessnicki (Post 14662976)
I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it :(

I think you're right. There's 2 questions in it really: will you go with heavy restrictions if borders open, or will you wait until everything goes back to 'normal'?

For me as soon as we're allowed I will be there. I'm honestly not sure how far away normality is, if that even exists anymore.

Pupbelly 29 Sep 20 11:54 AM

At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020 :(

Donaldfan 29 Sep 20 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pupbelly (Post 14663064)
At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020 :(

Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.

Pupbelly 29 Sep 20 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaldfan (Post 14663132)
Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.

Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless :confused2

mandevillepete 29 Sep 20 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pupbelly (Post 14663139)
Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless :confused2

I donít see how others pay for their holiday has anything to do with anyone else.
In any event if our November trip doesnít go ahead we will reschedule for April. Fingers crossed for April

Pinkie1983 17 Dec 20 10:19 PM

So how we all feeling about April right now?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.