theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Sad to change dates again (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1187824)

WIGGYSMUM 28 Jan 21 05:50 PM

Sad to change dates again

We took the decision earlier this week to rethink our planned April 2021 trip. It was a hard decision as last April had been cancelled also.

Our amazing villa owner Steve, Windwood Bay Disney Villa has again said they would honour the booking and we could change our dates .

Absolutely brilliant service.

Our countdown has jumped up dramatically but a countdown is better than no countdown ;)

nth09 28 Jan 21 06:22 PM

Think we’re going to be in similar boat. July 20 gone, have little faith in July 21 and with school exams in 22 we can’t go before July 22. Feels very very far away.

Guest 28 Jan 21 06:24 PM

Sorry you feel you have needed to make this decision. But on the plus side, how fab of Steve to accommodate this.

Villa owners must be under so much pressure themselves 😕

gemma-lou 28 Jan 21 06:32 PM

Yes we too changed our august holiday this year to next year after cancelling it last year to this year. Hopefully we have a better chance and more normality with parades and fireworks come next year.

sophiepop 28 Jan 21 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM (Post 14814087)
We took the decision earlier this week to rethink our planned April 2021 trip. It was a hard decision as last April had been cancelled also.

Our amazing villa owner Steve, Windwood Bay Disney Villa has again said they would honour the booking and we could change our dates .

Absolutely brilliant service.

Our countdown has jumped up dramatically but a countdown is better than no countdown ;)

Steve is quite possibly one of the best villa owners ever, so helpful :wave:

WIGGYSMUM 28 Jan 21 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nth09 (Post 14814145)
Think we’re going to be in similar boat. July 20 gone, have little faith in July 21 and with school exams in 22 we can’t go before July 22. Feels very very far away.

It’s hard when you have to make these decisions but it’s also very important in these times that we should try and have something to look forward to .

WIGGYSMUM 28 Jan 21 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales (Post 14814149)
Sorry you feel you have needed to make this decision. But on the plus side, how fab of Steve to accommodate this.

Villa owners must be under so much pressure themselves 😕

Totally agree , Steve has been fab .

I salute all the villa owners who are trying so hard to accommodate those who have bookings 🙏🏻

WIGGYSMUM 28 Jan 21 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemma-lou (Post 14814163)
Yes we too changed our august holiday this year to next year after cancelling it last year to this year. Hopefully we have a better chance and more normality with parades and fireworks come next year.

Here’s hoping 🤞🏻

mick 28 Jan 21 08:58 PM

Really sorry that you've had to make this decision. Did you cancel the flights yourselves and get a voucher?

Our glass for April is rapidly getting emptier but we're hanging on for BA to cancel so that we'll get a refund. Don't really want a voucher as we've already paid for next November's flights although I see that BA have extended the offer until 2023.

Looks like you'll be ordering from B&BW again soon for delivery to Clermont. :(

Mick

WIGGYSMUM 28 Jan 21 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiepop (Post 14814309)
Steve is quite possibly one of the best villa owners ever, so helpful :wave:

I couldn’t agree more, he really has been truly accommodating, and my family and I are so grateful 🙏🏻