theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Virgin holidays (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149171)

Jenfie80 11 Oct 19 10:42 PM

Virgin holidays

Need some advice guys and gals! So we booked our holiday to Dominican republic in January this year staying at the Now larimar, due to fly this coming Thursday. However around 5 weeks ago i received a call from Virgin to say that unfortunately the hotel we had booked and paid for had decided to shut and they needed to change our hotel. This was a 5 star beautiful resort, they told me not to worry as they had secured 2 rooms at another hotel, the dreams punta cana
well after looking at this hotel i just didnt feel happy! We have been looking forward to this holiday and i felt deflated, anyway after a week of discussions we agreed to accept their offer of hotel this time the Now Onyx punta cana. Everything was sorted so i thought until today they phone me while at work to say that unfortunately again the hotel they had secured had over booked and we didnt have a room there now, but they had managed to secure another 2 rooms at the dreams dominicus ! I told them i was not happy and this was not acceptable as we leave for the airport Wednesday afternoon, i was at work while all this was going on and didnt have time to look at the hotel properly but after spending the evening having a look, i just dont feel happy! Its not a hotel i would of picked but feel i have no choice other than accept unless i want to cancel our holiday! Going a later date isn't a option due to work commitments! Virgin has offered us £500 refund! The holiday was nearly 7K ! Anyone have some advice cause I'm so fed up and really not sure what to do!

welshmum 11 Oct 19 11:00 PM

I understand the disappointment of the first hotel, but to move you to again is quite bad practice.

I would be on the phone to Virgin first thing in the morning and asking to speak to a manager.

If you can, have a look at some of the hotels that are available on the virgin holidays website so that when you do call, the hotel change will be on your terms and you can get something similar to your original booking.

Good luck.

welshmum 11 Oct 19 11:01 PM

Also to add, there must be something in their terms and conditions about them making a change to your holiday so close to departure, you may be entitled to something which they havent told you about.

gemma-lou 11 Oct 19 11:14 PM

As Welshmum says, have a look first and get a few hotels wrote down with the prices that your happy with, if the price is higher, with the timings and inflation, not your fault nor is the fact that twice you have had to seek further accommodation. This isn’t acceptable.

Jakey Neverland 12 Oct 19 07:20 AM

I would be annoyed too, to move you once they can just about get away with but twice is unacceptable. It sounds like their has been an error and they have only just tried to book you into the other hotel.