theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   North East Dibbers - Wynyard Hall (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149198)

SussexFamily 12 Oct 19 09:50 AM

North East Dibbers - Wynyard Hall

Anyone been to a function at Wynyard Hall? Website pics look very nice but has anyone been there for a function?
If so, what’s the verdict?
TIA

sunjue100 12 Oct 19 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexFamily (Post 14122245)
Anyone been to a function at Wynyard Hall? Website pics look very nice but has anyone been there for a function?
If so, what’s the verdict?
TIA

Yes it’s about 5 mins from where i work. I’ve been to a wedding night and for afternoon tea several times. It’s a beautiful place set in lovely grounds.

youre-nicked 12 Oct 19 10:39 AM

Hi,
its very nice, lovely picturesque location and good food.

Boyle73 12 Oct 19 11:38 AM

Used to live just a couple of miles away and we’ve been to a couple of functions there, albeit not for a couple of years now. Beautiful building (some of the older rooms I found cold), food nice, no complaints.

Hth

MrsBC 12 Oct 19 12:05 PM

We live a few miles away, we've been to weddings there - really nice! and Afternoon Tea is always lovely. I've been to a couple of Christmas Do's that were in a big marquee in the grounds and they were just run of the mill Christmas nights.

Mollysue 12 Oct 19 06:10 PM

My daughter had her prom there lovely place huge grounds very nice😊

silverfox46 12 Oct 19 06:15 PM

Another local person, my daughter got married there. Beautiful place and gardens to sit outside, food really nice.
Had several afternoon teas and visit the Christmas markets in the grounds.
They also have a large purpose built marquee in the grounds, and we were there last night attending a large function
Oh and a nice spa if you interested in that

SussexFamily 12 Oct 19 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfox46 (Post 14122949)
Another local person, my daughter got married there. Beautiful place and gardens to sit outside, food really nice.
Had several afternoon teas and visit the Christmas markets in the grounds.
They also have a large purpose built marquee in the grounds, and we were there last night attending a large function
Oh and a nice spa if you interested in that

Thank you

OB1LukeLucas 12 Oct 19 07:40 PM

I’ve stayed there several times, mainly in the cottages. We once stayed in the main hall and although the room was lovely we had problems with the hot water not working-the hotel was great with us and gave us a free stay. The food in the restaurant has always been good and although I have never been to a function there I would imagine it would be good, it’s a beautiful place to stay.

novocastrian 12 Oct 19 10:17 PM

my mrs cousin got married there we stayed over fantastic day

lovely place & now has a top notch spa as well. the walled garden & glasshouse are aso well worth a look

sir john hall still lives there and wandered into the wedding & was happy to chat with the guests, he was a top fella