theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Pre travel panic (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133660)

DDD 19 Jun 19 10:20 AM

Pre travel panic

Does anyone panic as the trip approaches?

I'm very organised, done all the planning weeks ago. Esta's done before I'd booked. Fast passes and dining done. Suitcase out and things starting to go in. Shopping stuff nearly finished with only a few bits needed. Reckon I'll be ok this time and no panics.

and then with just over 3 weeks to go it started last night! I was sat in bed worrying the passports were out of date. And then I was thinking about the esta's. Nearly got up to check it all. I've checked this morning and they're all fine...of course.

Is it just that the massive countdown and the excitement building puts me under pressure. How do people stop getting panicky about forgetting something?

I hate feeling stressed but this always happens. any ideas how to help?

DDD

KymmieAKiss 19 Jun 19 10:23 AM

I get like it aswell, you're not alone.
I always get scared that i am going to forget something even though i have a week worth of checklists to do everyday with the single digit countdown begins.

disneyfangirl01 19 Jun 19 10:25 AM

I stress out about it now already and I still have agesssss!

If you don't already then make lists for the really important stuff so you don't forget them. that way if you forget small things you can get them out there! Is America not Antarctica! hehe

Try to relax about it or you may put too much pressure on your holiday which could lead to disappointment.

If all your planning hits the fan, you are still in Florida on the best holiday ever. I would much rather be at Disney and all plans go down the drain than at home!

DDD 19 Jun 19 10:32 AM

Thanks Guys.

We have been so many times and ALWAYS had a fantastic time. I need to chill. I do write lists...I have a few. Maybe I might do a checklist with a date and signature on it so I know I've definitely checked it...10 x

And then I go all excited and can't contain my excitement...so I do a little Disney dance.
What I don't get is why everyone doesn't love it like me and my family. They are so missing out.
Right off to get that checklist written. Lol

disneyfangirl01 19 Jun 19 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDD (Post 13909888)
Thanks Guys.

We have been so many times and ALWAYS had a fantastic time. I need to chill. I do write lists...I have a few. Maybe I might do a checklist with a date and signature on it so I know I've definitely checked it...10 x

And then I go all excited and can't contain my excitement...so I do a little Disney dance.
What I don't get is why everyone doesn't love it like me and my family. They are so missing out.
Right off to get that checklist written. Lol

Hhaha sounds like great dance! :pgig: I was saying Yesterday to my OH I so excited for it at the moment. the Response I got "i will be excited once its paid for" que falling back to reality with a thud! haha

itsmeGAV 19 Jun 19 10:57 AM

Very easy to get worried about this type of holiday!

I did it myself when we went in March.

Guest 19 Jun 19 12:31 PM

This is me right now and not sure what has caused it as we have done this plenty of times. It all falls on me, every booking, every document, every everything!

I am about to make a list (spreadsheet to tick off) and list everything that needs/should be booked with ref numbers, dates checked from when we leave the house to when we leave Florida. Call me OCD but that is the only way I can do it this time. Once it is checked and ticked I don't have to worry again, well this is the plan. I am not working at mo so need to fill my days (according to DH anyway). DH just packs the day before we go and drives to the airport...

And breathe!

Bozza 19 Jun 19 12:35 PM

Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!

Guest 19 Jun 19 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 13910059)
Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!

You obviously like paying over the top for airport hotel and parking. So much cheaper if you book it when you book flights. We got T4 Premier inn £34 and T2/3 Long stay 16 nights £76.

PrincessShelly 19 Jun 19 02:13 PM

My irrational panic is that when we get to check in it will be a) wrong date, b) they don't have our details. I also completely understand the compulsion to check things in the middle of the night. Never used to get like this so I've put it down to being a woman of a certain age!

As far as I'm concerned the holiday only starts once the plane has taken off.