theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Coronado Springs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128955)

teachx 17 May 19 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 13848842)
Great post. We have just booked this resort for 2020, never visited it before but I have booked a dinner there for this years trip to take a peek. We have a Grand Destino Tower room, didn’t know it was new, is it a good location, I can’t find it in my map.

It's right next to El Centro, sits on the lakeside between there and the Cabanas area

Guest 17 May 19 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachx (Post 13848848)
It's right next to El Centro, sits on the lakeside between there and the Cabanas area

Thank you. It is indeed still a field on my map. :)

teachx 17 May 19 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 13848851)
Thank you. It is indeed still a field on my map. :)

Check out the videos on Passport to the Parks, he did a wander round video there as a construction update earlier this week which will give you a good idea

Guest 17 May 19 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachx (Post 13848858)
Check out the videos on Passport to the Parks, he did a wander round video there as a construction update earlier this week which will give you a good idea

Will take a look, blimey 55 minutes, he is thorough. :)

sixpence18 17 May 19 06:29 PM

Tim tracker has just done a video update too! We’re staying there next year can’t wait!

Wallefan 20 May 19 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 13849091)
Will take a look, blimey 55 minutes, he is thorough. :)

Haha yes his videos are great as he shows you loads. He seems very friendly and the staff seem to like him but yes they are long and he doesn’t seem to have the same banter/dynamic of the Trackers. Prince Charming Dev has also done a fairly recent tour of Coronado that’s good x

Quensabob 20 May 19 08:09 AM

We go in September,I cant wait!

Rossmasa 20 May 19 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY (Post 13848163)
Wow! Thanks so much for this info, it’s one resort I know nothing about & rarely see it on here too. It’s definitely coming out as the cheapest moderate so was wondering it there was building work going on. Haven't been in 4 years so I feel like I’m out of the loop a bit! But this is great I would definitely stay here now based on this review. Which area is best to request? We’ll be going end of June next year, was gonna go with POR or CBR but they’re more expensive.

We Quite like the Rancho's area (stayed there for our last two visits) as it is very quiet as furthest from El centro (only ten minute walk) and don't venture over there that often.
Only Two story buildings , currently 2nd stop on the bus loop so generally get a seat.

We have stayed in Casitas (first stop for bus's) and where on the top floor and used to have a great view of the fireworks at night (not sure if the new tower is in the way now) we enjoyed it but found the quiet pool very busy as convention guests used to be put in Casitas .

Guess this will change with the new tower building and as others have said will have an overall impact on how busy the resort is and there may changes to buses etc .

We love it there and should of been staying there again this year but had to change our dates due to our flights and unfortunately Disney didn't have availability so had to change resorts.

Out of the resorts I've stayed at in August it has always been the quietest. Love it :)