theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Understanding excess baggage -virgin (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142085)

Guest 18 Aug 19 07:41 PM

Understanding excess baggage -virgin

We’ve gone a bit mad (again) and want to add 2 bags when we do online check in on Saturday ..
Virgin Atlantic says £65 for an extra bag but then says another it will be £140 .
Is that per person ?
So for example would it be £65 for my husband if we add it next to his name and then £65 if we add one next to my name or will the second extra be £140 no matter what .
Thanks for any help

DisneyWannabe 18 Aug 19 07:49 PM

I think it applies per person so if you added an extra bag to your ticket and another to your partners you would pay £65 x 2.

If one person takes 2 extra bags it would be £65 for extra bag 1 and a further £140 for extra bag 2.

At least thats how I've read it.

Guest 18 Aug 19 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyWannabe (Post 14023166)
I think it applies per person so if you added an extra bag to your ticket and another to your partners you would pay £65 x 2.

If one person takes 2 extra bags it would be £65 for extra bag 1 and a further £140 for extra bag 2.

At least thats how I've read it.

That’s how I read it too but didn’t want a nasty shock 😆
Thank you .

4holibobs 18 Aug 19 09:53 PM

Hi,

Yes I enquired about this and was told it was per person as we are taking 3 cases out but bringing 4 back.

I was also told the cost was the same at the airport as online check in.

If you could report back on that it would be great!

Have a safe trip back and hope you had a great holiday!

Guest 18 Aug 19 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4holibobs (Post 14023474)
Hi,

Yes I enquired about this and was told it was per person as we are taking 3 cases out but bringing 4 back.

I was also told the cost was the same at the airport as online check in.

If you could report back on that it would be great!

Have a safe trip back and hope you had a great holiday!

Ah fab.
Yes will do , will let you know once i’ve done online check in on fri 👍🏻
Thank you 😊

coggie 18 Aug 19 10:00 PM

Just as a matter of interest when returning is the extra cost in sterling or dollars as I believe the dollar cost is $100..which at the current exchange rate is more than £65

Guest 18 Aug 19 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coggie (Post 14023492)
Just as a matter of interest when returning is the extra cost in sterling or dollars as I believe the dollar cost is $100..which at the current exchange rate is more than £65

I think if online it’s £65 but if done at Disney springs it will be $100 regardless, just a guess though

Guest 24 Aug 19 01:16 AM

So just checked in extra bags online and it was $79 a bag.

4holibobs 26 Aug 19 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip (Post 14033025)
So just checked in extra bags online and it was $79 a bag.

Thanks for that!

Jaspercat10 26 Aug 19 04:18 PM

If it is the same price at the airport I would wait until check in and chance your arm, I bought a massive boxed chandelier back one year it was about 1.2m long and about 70cm each other dimension. They just loaded it on for nothing 👍😀